New Ruger pistol, Security 9

Steelharp

7 hours ago, dawgdoc said:

I had a Mini 14 that consistently jammed.  Sent back to Ruger three times.  They replaced it the third time.  They refunded the full purchase price when that one jammed.  

I still carry an LC9 daily, although it has been sent back a few times.   

Never had a jam with any of the Rugers I've got. My Mini 14 and my Mini 30 doesn't like light loads. I honestly think I could feed my SR 762 a long brown thing and it would go off.

What is the reason for the barrel to be shaped the way it is towards the end ? I remember that S&W did this on an older 915 that I had and some of the 5900 series pistols too. Some one may have mentioned it but I cant seem to find the reason. Here's some pictures of a S&W 915 that has the same type of barrel .

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

Edited by tercel89
35 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

What is the reason for the barrel to be shaped the way it is towards the end ? I remember that S&W did this on an older 915 that I had and some of the 4000 series pistols too. Some one may have mentioned it but I cant seem to find the reason. 

Has something to do with lockup.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

I am thinking for the monoey i am goin gto pick one up to play with. I like what I am hearing and really liked the way it fit me when I played with one recently. If it shoots as good then I see it as a great thing.

They are very tempting, especially after watch Hickock45's video. But how many 9's doe I need? I think I went past the top number with the HKVP9.

Just now, Ronald_55 said:

Need, who goes by need? Want on the other hand....

Those of that have been married for more than 3 decades. We have learned that a want must be described as a need in order to remain sleeping indoors!

All kidding aside very few people "Need" more than one gun! The rest are wants based of course on what you "Need" the first one for.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Those of that have been married for more than 3 decades. We have learned that a want must be described as a need in order to remain sleeping indoors!

All kidding aside very few people "Need" more than one gun! The rest are wants based of course on what you "Need" the first one for.

I am at 2 decades but she is never convinced.  I have a don't ask, don't tell policy. She doesnt ask what I bought and I don't tell her. :up:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ronald_55 said:

I am at 2 decades but she is never convinced.  I have a don't ask, don't tell policy. She doesnt ask what I bought and I don't tell her. :up:

Yeah, I decided when we got married to go the other way with a 100% honesty policy. She knows everything I buy and I know everything she buys. Except the odd pet she sneaks in once in a while. Of course I have seen lots of ways work with spouses. I kid a lot but after 35 years she and I still get along. Not sure why though.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Yeah, I decided when we got married to go the other way with a 100% honesty policy. She knows everything I buy and I know everything she buys. Except the odd pet she sneaks in once in a while. Of course I have seen lots of ways work with spouses. I kid a lot but after 35 years she and I still get along. Not sure why though.

Well mine goes the other way too, I don't ask her either, so it is not dishonest. Of course most of her stuff is spent going out to lunch with friends every day where I brown bag and use that for ammo and guns. Lol Basically if the bills are paid and we keep some in savings, then neither of us care. 

2 hours ago, n0rlf said:

I hear ya ! I been married for 2 decades now and I know what ya mean .

1 hour ago, Steelharp said:

Moved 8 this week, not including transfers. Telling you, guys, it's the new "America's Gun."

If that is what we are going off of then based off my stores sales the Taurus pt-111 and S&W SD9VE are both America's guns. 

:) 

I have yet to touch one but based off previous experience I just don't see myself liking it. 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

If that is what we are going off of then based off my stores sales the Taurus pt-111 and S&W SD9VE are both America's guns.

Man, your customers have terrible taste in triggers... :biglol:

Edited by Steelharp
  • Like 1
On 1/22/2018 at 5:37 AM, Steelharp said:

Man, your customers have terrible taste in triggers... :biglol:

Cheap, they like cheap ;)

I explain triggers to people, most people who are buying theses guns don't care. I get the so if I've never shot one of those pistols I will not know the difference.

Edited by XxthejuicexX