Vortex quality/CS

Has anyone had any recent dealings with Vortex CS? I sent one of my PST FFP vipers in because it was having problems (white around the edges at higher powers, limited eye relief window ETC) and they just sent it back saying nothing it wrong.. I have never dealt with their customer service before, not sure what to expect. When I questioned them I was told it was not normal to just send something back, and they would refund my shipping..  Seems as tho they have absolutely no interest in repairing this scope, I wonder why? I have 4 vortex scopes, and a pair of binoculars so I am fairly invested in the vortex brand-- this sucks for me!

Any thoughts?

Jason

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent mine in for the same halo effect at the top end of magnification.  All they did was clean it and say that was a normal effect of aging or some bs like that.  Considering the scope was only 2yr old at the time and it only created the halo after a particularly cold hunt, I'd say they are full of sh*t.

Not good to hear! I did finally get them to agree to take another look at mine, and they even sent a call tag this time. I hope they take care of it, this was a thousand dollar scope, and for me thats not chump change! She said it would be a couple weeks before she could do anything with it due to a "system reset" but thats fine. I actually assume the 'reset"  had something to do with them not looking at it the first time.

Will update in a couple weeks.

JAson

• 2 weeks later...

Well I heard back from Vortex again. They have decided to replace the scope. Interesting enough they said that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT CAN AGE IN A SCOPE. Nothing.  Also said there is nothing wrong with mine. Well see when this one shows up. If its not up to snuff I will just sell it this time. I actually had it listed before but removed it.  I will update when I get the replacement.

Jason

14 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

If all else fails just break the thing and send it back to them for the warranty claim. 

Thats what a local dealer suggested, I am not going that far. I would rather just sell it than break it. BUT, they are sending me a new one so lets just hope that this one is spot on.  There was talk of a refund, and I think thats still a possibility but I will exhaust all other options first.

Jason

Scope is back on. They made me jump thru a lot of hoops for this. Scope is OK. Still not terribly impressed. Maybe I had higher hopes? I am not sure, but it seemed to be much better at first than now.  Have a $400 athlon FFP scope thats every bit as good, if not better quality. Its not terrible, just not great. Either way after all the hoops they expected me to jump through I am done with Vortex, their customer service is very lacking its almost like dealing with ATT or Verizon!

Jason