New Glock 19X model

ken_mays

8 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Video here. https://www.full30.com/video/1b908493c8de1784af3a1a7d88ac1984

Summary,   rail has 1913 size slot, no grip cut out on front (won't take gen 5 mags), PVD finish in coyote , dual recoil spring. The rest is gen 5

For Glock guys i don't know if this is a win or not.

Good video, informative, I like the lanyard ring and extension on the front strap, that'll cut down on pinching your hand. But I still can't see it as much more then slapping some lipstick on a pig. 

• Like 1
On 1/1/2018 at 3:41 PM, TGO David said:

Glock seems to have hired some of the product development people that Ruger could no longer afford to keep on retainer.  The folks who have made a living dreaming up crap no one wants or needs instead of designing the products everyone keeps asking for.  Like a single-stack Glock 19 sized handgun, or a Glock carbine.

I'm not wishing for the man to die but I suspect that once Gaston passes away we might actually some neat products come out. 

• Administrator

It really seems like a designer at Glock was staring at their drafting table, picked up a small drafting square, pondered it intently, and two hours later suddenly said "What if we made a gun where the slide and the grip were the exact same length?!" and it, like, totally blew his mind.

whoa.jpg

• Like 1

I really think that they thought they would win the contract hands down, despite not meeting all criteria,  and started production. Then when they lost, realized they had to dump some pistols. Thus the 19X was born. Then again maybe we'll see separate slides available with longer dust covers to convert to a 17 on the 19 front.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

I really think that they thought they would win the contract hands down, despite not meeting all criteria,  and started production. Then when they lost, realized they had to dump some pistols. Thus the 19X was born. Then again maybe we'll see separate slides available with longer dust covers to convert to a 17 on the 19 front.

Well, yes, that is the most logical and obvious reason for the 19X to exist.  But I still want to make fun of it.  :)

• Like 4
They didn't do all the testing. They got through all the pistols but the Glock and sig and then made a decision which was based on cost.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They probably thought the mil contract would be won with liquor and hookers like the other contracts they're used to, so they started tooling up early. 

It looks like it would balance similar to a commander as others have said, or to a Beretta Centurion (which Beretta REALLY NEEDS TO PUT BACK INTO PRODUCTION!). It'll probably be just fine, and I kind of like it. I wouldn't mind shooting one, but probably won't buy one since I just don't need to buy anything else right now. 

Edited by res308
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, gjohnsoniv said:

I noticed here also as on other forums the same thing, which is all the folks complaining about the large grip and small slide are really not very familiar with current modern guns and are just "Running their Jaws" since at least 6 + more of the current most popular guns have basically the same dimensions as the 19X, Sig P320 Carry, FN 509, FNS, SW M&P FS, XDm 3.8 , VP9 all follow the same format as the 19x or I should say the 19x is following their format,

The only 1 on my list which s about 1/4' longer in slide is the M&P 2.0!  So if u got 1 of these guns and u hate the Glock then get rid of ur other guns on the list!

Nough Said!

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, akdude1 said:

I noticed here also as on other forums the same thing, which is all the folks complaining about the large grip and small slide are really not very familiar with current modern guns and are just "Running their Jaws" since at least 6 + more of the current most popular guns have basically the same dimensions as the 19X, Sig P320 Carry, FN 509, FNS, SW M&P FS, XDm 3.8 , VP9 all follow the same format as the 19x or I should say the 19x is following their format,

The only 1 on my list which s about 1/4' longer in slide is the M&P 2.0!  So if u got 1 of these guns and u hate the Glock then get rid of ur other guns on the list!

Nough Said!

I'm noticing a trend with your posts to date.

54 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'm noticing a trend with your posts to date.

Just stating Facts, i also should have included the P99 in my list! I do plan on getting a 19X, cheapest online price i seen for pre-order was $644. but someone ordered 1 from his LGS for $599. + Tax, so i would think they would be about $550. online?

I have only 1 Glock a 27  bought in 1995 or so and its my EDC inside a tuckable holster under my shirts with no issue printing and i use a 13 rd. model 22 mag with a grip extender on the 27 and find it perfect for me!

54 minutes ago, TGO David said:

2 hours ago, akdude1 said:

Nough Said!

Point taken, but I don't own any of those so there's that. I'm also just speculating since the discussion came up. No reason for me to buy one when I can just slap in a standard mag on my 19 with a Taran +5 and be essentially the same thing.  Again, don't agree with the direction they went but I don't have buy or carry one so it's ultimately irrelevant to me. 

Well, now having seen a couple, I can say it doesn't have the annoying grip cut out that the Gen 5 pistols have. THAT feels better. The triggers are unusually smooth for a Glock, almost like they've had a polish job. The slide is almost a gold tone, actually looks pretty nice.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:10 PM, Moped said:

Seems to be a rich man's FNH FNS.  Doubt it comes with a 3rd mag like the FNH does though and probably sells for a $100+ more.  Doesn't excite me that much.  I will just hang on to my FNH. 

All Glocks since the Gen 4 came out come with 3 mags. Unless the dealer or distributor swiped them or something. Glocks have the whole magazine/parts/holster commonality & availability thing going for them, so there’s that.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, nightrunner said:

All Glocks since the Gen 4 came out come with 3 mags. Unless the dealer or distributor swiped them or something. Glocks have the whole magazine/parts/holster commonality & availability thing going for them, so there’s that.

Wish other manufacturers would start following this trend of selling the pistol with three mags.  And great point about holsters.

Glock Austria did something very unusual/strange with this gun, seems they think Glock USA cant make this gun as should be, since all machinery for this gun was made in Austria and brought here and  the machinery is run by Austrian engineers and the machinery runs on European current and the barrel., slide and frame are made here and all other parts are made in Austria and any raw materials also are not imported but come from Austria!

This makes Glock USA look bad! But how often do we hear when this gun was made in Germany, Austria or Italy the guns were much better Quality!  I hear that all the time about mainly Walthers, Sigs and Berettas, seems Glock wants to avoid the Tn. probs with the M9A3 which even after bring engineers from Italy didn't help and thus they stated making it there!

In the vid i posted on previous page at 5:50 min. mark U can hear about what is said!

Edited by akdude1