It's Frickin' Freezing....

Coldest I've ever been was a white water kayaking trip to the Tellico River about 20 years ago. The bank clock in Tellico Plains said 9*, and that was down in the valley, it was colder up on the mountain. Weather station said with wind chill it put it at -1*. Water in the rapids would splash on to our dry suits and freeze. Every time you moved your arms the ice would crunch. Those of us with beards had icicles hanging from them.

Still makes me cold just thinking about it.

55 minutes ago, analog_kidd said:

Coldest I've ever been was a white water kayaking trip to the Tellico River about 20 years ago. The bank clock in Tellico Plains said 9*, and that was down in the valley, it was colder up on the mountain. Weather station said with wind chill it put it at -1*. Water in the rapids would splash on to our dry suits and freeze. Every time you moved your arms the ice would crunch. Those of us with beards had icicles hanging from them.

You my friend are (and I mean this in the nicest terms) nuts. 

3 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

I saw pics of Bald River Falls from yesterday where it was nearly frozen solid. Water was running down the ice but there was no "falls" in the expected sense. 

5 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

4 hours ago, dralarms said:

You my friend are (and I mean this in the nicest terms) nuts. 

I've done some things that I look back on now (being much older and just a little wiser) and say, "I must have be nuts when I did that"!

So fess up analog_kidd,  can you honestly say at any point on the way to this venture did you ask yourself, is this really going to be fun?

17 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ve been trapped here all week due to a broke truck. I wanna leave!

4bd4uAf.png

It takes them an entire week to fix your truck? My guys typically don't stay stranded more than a few hours. I hope you make it home soon!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It takes them an entire week to fix your truck? My guys typically don't stay stranded more than a few hours. I hope you make it home soon!

Follow on issues after the first. It’s not been fun. 

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Wow, that bites. A week is a long time sitting. I would have flow the driver back or got him a new truck to use by now.

It’s my truck. I’m the one buying plane tickets or renting another truck. 

2 hours ago, nightrunner said:

It’s just a REAL good thing we haven’t had any precipitation when it’s this cold. The whole state would have lost their minds.

It started snowing here in Ktown the other morning, thought everyone was about to lose their damn mind over bread and milk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, nightrunner said:

It’s just a REAL good thing we haven’t had any precipitation when it’s this cold. The whole state would have lost their minds.

Negative.  The least it could do is snow if it's going to be this cold for this long.  And it's cold enough that we'd actually get real snow, instead of the usual icy, slushy disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
12 minutes ago, peejman said:

Negative.  The least it could do is snow if it's going to be this cold for this long.  And it's cold enough that we'd actually get real snow, instead of the usual icy, slushy disaster. 

A real snowfall would be nice for a change.....but just one.:lol: