I want this desk...

9 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I have thought of buying some of the bigger ones like these. I just don't have the room at the moment. 

I have several 20 and 40mm ammo cans.  Thought they'd be good for storing ammo.  Well, the 20's are somewhat manageable but the 40's simply cannot be moved once filled up.  :lol:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I have several 20 and 40mm ammo cans.  Thought they'd be good for storing ammo.  Well, the 20's are somewhat manageable but the 40's simply cannot be moved once filled up.  :lol:

I bet. I have a couple of these and they are all you want to carry when full. They are only 17.2" x 10.7" x 9.2”(H)

400ACR7-18-Closed.jpg

15 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I bought some of the mortar cans with the same thought. Can't move them now. 

12 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Do the cans come out individually? I looked at that, but stuff like shotgun shells or 30-06 just fills the small ones up so quick

They do. Makes it easier to carry and yes they would fill up quick with large rifle ammo. I find 1000 9MM boxed is able to fit. I also get 800 boxed 5.56 in one.

Loose ammo in them does more but I am not a big fan of loose ammo in cans. 

8 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

They do. Makes it easier to carry and yes they would fill up quick with large rifle ammo. I find 1000 9MM boxed is able to fit. I also get 800 boxed 5.56 in one.

Loose ammo in them does more but I am not a big fan of loose ammo in cans. 

I'm thinking of unboxing my ammo but then vacuum seal using one of the kitchen vacuum sealer machines. Put it in single layers so I can stack inside the boxes. Just pull a pack to go to the range.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ronald_55 said:

I'm thinking of unboxing my ammo but then vacuum seal using one of the kitchen vacuum sealer machines. Put it in single layers so I can stack inside the boxes. Just pull a pack to go to the range.

Vac sealers are most useful. Every one needs one.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I rarely do that as I like to keep my ammo in the original packaging but make an exception for bulk containers like those Remington range buckets or UMC 250+ rnd boxes.  Ziplock style sandwich bags are perfectly sized for 100 rnds of 9mm or 40 and you can cram a bunch in an ammo can.  The Walmart brand of bags is maybe $2 for 50 of them.

12 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Vac sealers are most useful. Every one needs one.

Very much so. I would like to have a bunch more of the containers but the wife snatches every one I get.  LOL

I did hide a few though for parts kits and odds and ends. Light oil, vacumn, bury.  Works great!

Mine also but I am a touch OCD so it bugs me to see loose ammo. I need it neat where I can see it and count it. :)

Of course being OCD means I check the charge of powder a million times also. So it is safe. Only one can of powder out of the cabinet and by the press at any given time. 

I know it is slower and bugs some guys but I have never had an issue with one of my reloads. Knocking on wood here! 

• Like 2

I have a couple of the big ammo cans. Probably close to 100lbs when full. I keep them on a Harbor Freight furniture cart. Works well just roll them in an out from under the bench. I use them for more long term storage. I keep a year or so of each caliber in smaller containers for easier access and so I don't have to expose ammo in the bigger cans to moisture as often so the dry bags last longer.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, n0rlf said:

I'm still undecided on whether or not these will work for me. I did get some for my brother-in-law, and got one for myself as well when I ordered his. Definitely worth the money though.