whats your favorite handgun of 2017 ?

tercel89

What is your favorite handgun of 2017 ? Not the most selling one , not the most innovative , just your favorite and why its your favorite . There seems to be a lot of new pistols coming out and there seems to be no restrictions and no bans on the horizon , knock on wood, so these are kinda neat times in my opinion. The one that is my favorite is the Beretta APX in 9mm. I got it early in the year and it has ran like a well oiled sewing machine. Eats my reloads and factory ammo like candy. It's removable fire control system is very simple and not complicated.  It may not look nice but it has proven reliable .  Very , very reliable from almost all reviews.

So what's your favorite handgun of 2017 and why ?

Edited by tercel89

M&P Performance Center Shield. I can carry it in an AIWB holster all day long, and barely notice it is there. It also fits my hand well, and the fiber optic sights really work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes M&P 2.0 compact 9mm. I don't shoot Glocks well, its a grip angle thing and I never committed to training through it because I had other alternatives I liked. 

I am very happy with my Sig P320 and Canik TP9 SF Elite, but was wanting something with greater industry support. 

This is it. The over all package isn't spectacular, it doesn't have one feature that is super outstanding, but it does everything above average.

I'm already shooting it as well as other guns I own and I enjoy it enough to be shooting it more, and that will turn into shooting better.

I'll probably buy a spare.

I only bought two revolvers in 2017, one being this Uberti Open Top Navy in .38 Special:

100_9985_zpsmrnyfy22.jpg

And in August I bought the .45 Colt New Frontier:

100_0023_zpslro1vnly.jpg

I bought the Uberti to be my "centerfire .22" for very casual shooting, have put just 900 rounds through it since buying the gun.  Its fun, mild recoil, pleasant shooting up close, no good for any distance beyond fifteen yards or so.  

The New Frontier I bought it because nobody else out bid me.  New Frontiers are what I consider to be the ultimate Colt Single Action.  Right up there, almost, with the Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Bob Wright

• Like 3

The r Ruger mkii I got when Dad passed. Nothing new or fancy but it means the most to me and always will. 

Thanks again Dad!

I love the gun but would give them all away today to have Dad back. 

Edited by n0rlf
Spelling again
  • Like 6

SIG P320 full size. Wanted one just because it's the new military heater.

I like it about as well as any semi handgun I own, even put a light on it for bed gun.  And I don't plan to have it "fixed" for the drop safe thang.

(not my pic, but identical):

Inforce_APL_on_Sig_P320_FS.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
On 1/3/2018 at 11:44 AM, n0rlf said:

The r Ruger mkii I got when Dad passed. Nothing new or fancy but it means the most to me and always will. 

Thanks again Dad!

I love the gun but would give them all away today to have Dad back. 

I inherited a Ruger MKi and a 686 6” that are range rotation still today.  September will be 11 years since he passed. 

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I’m in the M&P M2.0 Compact crowd.  It is just simply a fantastic pistol and the hit of 2017’s new offerings.

This old school beast is late by about 50 years but it was new to me in 2017. 

Z8xy3R6.jpg

I sold a model 28 years ago and miss it. Very nice!

FN 509 and the M&P 2.0 Compact have gotten my attention lately. My FNS9 does what it’s supposed to do, so I might pass this year on a new firearm. Tinkering with my golf bag set up is looking expensive too. Who knew a new driver shaft could be $300!

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, espacef1fan said:

Still love any 92fs/M9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yep , you cant improve on them anymore. They eat and eat 9mm ammo of any type  My M9 is as reliable as my old Gen 2 Glock 17 .

• Like 1

Man , I gotta tell ya that I'd snatch up a M&P 2.0 in 45 or 9mm if they would change how the rear sight holds in the striker safety assembly . I just hate removing the rear sight to detail strip a gun. Other than that , it's pretty nice and it feels the best , even better than my Beretta APX which is pretty darn comfortable.