Prayers for Doug

MacGyver

Well a few folks have ask about complications in surgery. Yea there was one big hiccup in it for the doctor. I had him do a complete CT scan of my entire abdomen cause I was tired of trying to explain it. He took my request and di have a complete abdomen. After getting the results back he came to see me and told me that he now understood what I was telling him about the Mylex Mesh inner abdomenal wall and he said he would make sure that he remained away from the Mesh and he did. The drains he had to install was unique but it was what he had to do to avoid the Mesh. This is my 10th major body opening since 1978. I have had my gut opened up 10 times since that truck hit me is 70. I was always able to spring back from them a lot faster than the doctors expected me to. I did so this time also. Was up and walking day after surgery and 2nd day after I was already in OT and PT and getting great scores from the techs. I had difficulties with Catheters leaking and soaking my bed and nurses or techs were in there changing them out about every two hours. Doctors didn't seem to be concerned until on of the showed up and I told hm I was tired of laying in piss and something needed to be done. over next 3 days they replace it twice and twice more there was leaks. I never had that problem on any of the surgeries in the past. The doctors kept blaming it on blood clots which made no sense to an old mechanic. The blood clot was on the bladder end of the cathe yet it was allowing pee to flow past it and when it got to the joint where the pee was suppose to go in the bag is where the leak was. So how was the clot causing the leak when it was not at that connection? I tried to exlain to them that there was an evident issue with an air lock at that connection and I was totally ignored. I finally just made them come and clean my bed every time I peed and finally they removed the cathe and it was better.

Well the doctor at the hospital had me down for Home Health Care visits for OT and PT so lady came by today to do an evaluation of what I will need. She looked at me and took all may vital signs and ask me how I felt and if I had any pain which I am not at present and after spending 30 minutes with me answering questions she said , Mr Richards, You don't need any home health care. You are far beyond where most folks are this short after surgery and you are doing well so she said I won't be getting any more visits from Home Health Care so that is one more hurdle I have made it over.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 6