SIG P365

Sidecarist

The name is almost as original as the Springfield 911.

Everyone coming out with random stuff just to have something new for SHOT show is ...   disappointing.

I will say though, I watched the live stream on YouTube for Geiselle and they have a lot of nice stuff coming up.

4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

What happens when you drop it on its ass end?

According to the article they dropped it 4000 times from as high as 6ft...

I admit I'm intrigued. I have a Shield but its just a bit too big for what I want. I'll have to look at it when it comes out.

The name is lame though.

Yeah, I just saw that in the full text of the news release.  That's a ridiculous price, but I'll guess real-life prices will be closer to $500.  But at that level it may be tough to compete with the Shield and the 43.  I guess we'll see....

Cheers,

Whisper

3 hours ago, Whisper said:

Yeah, I just saw that in the full text of the news release.  That's a ridiculous price, but I'll guess real-life prices will be closer to $500.  But at that level it may be tough to compete with the Shield and the 43.  I guess we'll see....

Cheers,

Whisper

I thought the same thing. The only real selling point for that price I'm seeing is increased capacity and standard night sights.  Easily at that price in my 43 by the time I added on night sights and extensions to my mags. 

Sig is surely making a big deal out of the fact that this pistol holds ten rounds in its standard mags for a 10+1 total capacity.  They go so far as to call it 'unprecedented' in a pistol this size.  The problem with that 'unprecedented' claim is that the Kel Tec P11 is about the same size (maybe a hair smaller), about the same weight (maybe a hair lighter) and holds ten rounds in its standard, factory mag for a 10+1 total capacity.  Further, there are flush fit mags available for the P11 that hold twelve rounds for a 12+1 total capacity for those of us who live in states that don't limit mag capacity to ten rounds.  Of course the P11 isn't striker fired (but I don't personally like striker fired.)  The P11 has been on the market for almost a quarter of a century so 10+1 (or 12+1) in flush fit mags in a pistol that size is nowhere near 'unprecedented.'  The Sig costs 2 1/2 to 3 times as much as a P11.  Yes, it is a Sig and not a Kel Tec but, meh.

The problem with 9mm Luger guns in this size, to me, is that they are the worst of both worlds.  I can't carry IWB, period.  Therefore, a gun this size is too large to carry more than 'casually concealed' in an OWB holster but is too small to shoot as quickly and accurately as a slightly larger pistol which will 'casually conceal' just as well and just as easily as a pistol the size of the P11 (or the P365.)  That is the biggest reason I got rid of the P11.

Edited by JAB
Sig is surely making a big deal out of the fact that this pistol holds ten rounds in its standard mags for a 10+1 total capacity.  They go so far as to call it 'unprecedented' in a pistol this size.  The problem with that 'unprecedented' claim is that the Kel Tec P11 is about the same size (maybe a hair smaller), about the same weight (maybe a hair lighter) and holds ten rounds in its standard, factory mag for a 10+1 total capacity.  Further, there are flush fit mags available for the P11 that hold twelve rounds for a 12+1 total capacity for those of us who live in states that don't limit mag capacity to ten rounds.  Of course the P11 isn't striker fired (but I don't personally like striker fired.)  The P11 has been on the market for almost a quarter of a century so 10+1 (or 12+1) in flush fit mags in a pistol that size is nowhere near 'unprecedented.'  The Sig costs 2 1/2 to 3 times as much as a P11.  Yes, it is a Sig and not a Kel Tec but, meh.
The problem with 9mm Luger guns in this size, to me, is that they are the worst of both worlds.  I can't carry IWB, period.  Therefore, a gun this size is too large to carry more than 'casually concealed' in an OWB holster but is too small to shoot as quickly and accurately as a slightly larger pistol which will 'casually conceal' just as well and just as easily as a pistol the size of the P11 (or the P365.)  That is the biggest reason I got rid of the P11.

The Taurus pt111 g2 is a better competitor to the Sig vs the keltec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
4 minutes ago, espacef1fan said:

The Taurus pt111 g2 is a better competitor to the Sig vs the keltec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe.  My first point was that the Kel Tec has been doing what Sig wants to claim is 'unprecedented' for almost 25 years.  Longer than the Taurus and certainly long before the P365 was even thought of.  My second point was that, at least for me (and likely others), rather than being the 'sweet spot' for carry pistol size this size range of pistol compromises ease of shooting and practical accuracy without really being markedly easier to carry or conceal than slightly larger, easier to shoot pistols.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

I agree they have pushed cool concepts just fall way short on execution... hypothetically even if they always worked (which i dont feel comfortable trusting my life to) they are not a nice product... feels like a cheap harbor freight tool... may work but feels like ####...

54 minutes ago, Frenchs24 said:

I agree they have pushed cool concepts just fall way short on execution... hypothetically even if they always worked (which i dont feel comfortable trusting my life to) they are not a nice product... feels like a cheap harbor freight tool... may work but feels like ####...

Opinions vary on this. "Nuff said.

• Like 1