Glock 26 Gen 5

tercel89

The only 2 good things I see is no finger grooves and it's a 2-pin frame. I like Glock a bunch but when they made the Gen 5 I was concerned. The Gen 5 17 , 19 , and now 26 all have coiled springs for the slide lock and slide stop. The older leaf-spring style was working great since the 80's. I been carrying one since 95 and one at work since 97. They have never failed. I just don't understand why change something if it is working great the way it is. I do like the fact that Glock went back to the 2-pin style frames. less parts , less to go wrong. But this coiled spring is kinda messed up in my opinion. I am kinda anal and set in my ways but like I said before , why "fix" it if it aint broke ? I guess something to "bring in new customers and make it look new and exciting" . Ok , I'll stop my rant .

Edited by tercel89
11 minutes ago, res308 said:

Good. That was really bothering me, and I don't even own one yet. :confused:

The lack of symmetry was a huge problem for me as well.  :lol:

Now I might be persuaded to dump my Gen 3 19 and consider a Gen 5 rather than looking for a Gen 2, which is perfection, but is not beveled.

Edited by Garufa
2 hours ago, res308 said:

Have you seen any of the latest gen 5 19's? I'm wondering if they finally beveled the front of that frame. You ain't the only one who's ocd. 

Yeah they did . Here's my thread I made a few weeks ago. We got our newly issued Glock 17's at work and mines got the frame and slide beveled. Here's the thread and picture of mine. https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/105584-gen-5-glock-17-frame-is-bevelled/

Edited by tercel89
32 minutes ago, Garufa said:

The lack of symmetry was a huge problem for me as well.  :lol:

Now I might be persuaded to dump my Gen 3 19 and consider a Gen 5 rather than looking for a Gen 2, which is perfection, but is not beveled.

I haven’t shot one or even held one, but it seems the mag well and cutout in the bottom of the front strap is cause for lots of complaining for some online. Don’t know how much of a deal it would be and it’s likely different for everyone.

37 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

I haven’t shot one or even held one, but it seems the mag well and cutout in the bottom of the front strap is cause for lots of complaining for some online. Don’t know how much of a deal it would be and it’s likely different for everyone.

Dude there are so many people complaining about the front cut out part but you never her anyone complain about them on the Gen 1,2, or even 3 . My Glock 22 Gen 3 that this new Gen 5 replaced even had the cut out and it has never bothered me nor does any of my Gen 2 Glocks. I like the cut out. I never had to use them on my Gen 2 or 3 but it's nice to know I can grip it front to back if I need to. Especially when working in dirty conditions.

38 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Dude there are so many people complaining about the front cut out part but you never her anyone complain about them on the Gen 1,2, or even 3 . My Glock 22 Gen 3 that this new Gen 5 replaced even had the cut out and it has never bothered me nor does any of my Gen 2 Glocks. I like the cut out. I never had to use them on my Gen 2 or 3 but it's nice to know I can grip it front to back if I need to. Especially when working in dirty conditions.

That's because it doesn't flare out on a gen 2. It bothers me in a gen 5 19 but not a gen 5 17.  Digs right into my pinky.