Flashlights

I'm a big fan of Streamlight products. I carried a Stylus Pro in my shirt pocket for years at work. The color is pretty much worn off of it. But it still works great. I carry a micro-stream in my pants pocket everyday. Gives out really good light for its tiny size. I also have an antique Scorpion that so old it has a standard bulb. Still works great! I really aught to look into upgrading this one. And then there are TLR-1s on my house pistol and shotgun. I just don't think you can go wrong with Streamlight.  :up:

However, about two years ago there was an ad on Armslist where I guy had 3 NIB S&W Tactical Flashlights at $35 each. I looked at them and was so impressed that I bought all 3 and he let me have them for $90. I don't know who makes these for S&W, but its a darn good flashlight. The strobe is absolutely blinding. :eek: I have one in the house, one in the truck and one in my emergency bag. :D

• Like 1

I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm a big fan of Elzetta, manufactured in Kentucky, USA. 

Check out some of the videos online showing how to repeatedly drive nails into a 2 by 4 with the flashlight, or the one where the light is dropped from 300' onto concrete and works fine.

Elzetta also has some great videos on their YouTube channel explaining the differences and flashlights on the market and "what the other guys won't tell you."

I will caveat to say that their lights are very expensive others, but having had a number of Chinese lights fail, once i doscovered Elzetta, I made the switch and slowly am purchasing a few of their lights.  

• 4 weeks later...

I’m a big fan of elzetta as well. Got one of the old m60 models, but recently switched back to my fenix pd35 tac. The tail cap on the elzetta is really sensitive and will turn on with the slightest pressure. I got sunburned on a few occasions. 

Edited by iezer
On 12/6/2018 at 1:07 AM, Grayfox54 said:

I'm a big fan of Streamlight products. I carried a Stylus Pro in my shirt pocket for years at work. The color is pretty much worn off of it. But it still works great. I carry a micro-stream in my pants pocket everyday. Gives out really good light for its tiny size. I also have an antique Scorpion that so old it has a standard bulb. Still works great! I really aught to look into upgrading this one. And then there are TLR-1s on my house pistol and shotgun. I just don't think you can go wrong with Streamlight.  :up:

However, about two years ago there was an ad on Armslist where I guy had 3 NIB S&W Tactical Flashlights at $35 each. I looked at them and was so impressed that I bought all 3 and he let me have them for $90. I don't know who makes these for S&W, but its a darn good flashlight. The strobe is absolutely blinding. :eek: I have one in the house, one in the truck and one in my emergency bag. :D

I grabbed a Streamlight Stylus Pro the other day. I am very hard on flashlights, and all pocket lights I have bought have lasted days, not weeks. We will see how this one does. I am not easy or forgiving on my lights.

I bought two Coast FL74 LED headlamps for $19.95 at Home Depot over the holidays. They use 3 AAA batteries and go from flood to zoom tight beam.  Outstanding headlamps for the money. The low mode is great for working under a dash or sink where a bright light would blind you. Medium is good for hiking. High is good for night running or even night cycling. I don't know if you can still order them on the Home Depot website, but I'd highly recommend them if you like headlamps. I tested five headlamps for our Hood to Coast running relay team last summer with two models costing $45. These Coast lights wing hands down and they are easier to operate.

I previously posted about how much I like the 18650 battery BLF A6 flashlight. I have 4 BLF A6 that I ordered from Banggood for about $19.95 each on sale. I posted over at BudgetLightForum and asked if there was anything better that the BLF A6 at its price point (normally $25-$30). They said no... and these guys are total flashlight geeks. What I like most is that it has a firefly mode... a very low output that's great for moving around in the bedroom without waking up my wife. The turbo mode is amazingly bright.  I bought four A6 over the years. I've had one tailcap failure, but otherwise they all are still working. Caveat: I don't drop flashlights or mount them on firearms so I can't comment on their reliability in those circumstances.

My keychain lights are the Astrolux 01 and the ThruNite Ti3, both are 1 AAA but both will take rechargeable 10440 3.7v batteries. That roughly doubles the brightness. 

EDITED

The BLF A6 is currently $21.95 and that includes a Samsung 18650 battery. Do not buy the 5A tint. It is yellow and noticeably weaker. I prefer the 1A tint.

https://www.banggood.com/BLF-A6-XPL-1600LM-74modes-EDC-LED-Flashlight-INR18650-30Q-Battery-p-1088818.html?rmmds=search&ID=518106&cur_warehouse=CN

Edited by jgradyc

My current EDC light is the Streamlight Microstream USB in FDE 

The FDE version of the Microstream USB in my opinion is better, not just because FDE = tactical, but the initial click of the tail switch brings in on in "high mode" the standard black model comes on in "low mode with first click. Its super light and very durable.

I have a lot of Streamlights though truth be told...Probably a dozen or more including weapon lights. Ive probably carried or used Streamlights for 15 years. They've never let me down.