Sign in to follow this  
Jeb48

Breda 20g Semi Value

My Brother In-Law died last week and I am trying to help my Sister In-Law put some prices on his guns. Most I can find some references online to give her and idea but one has me stumped. Breda Brescia semi automatic 20g made in Italy sl 571242. I would put it in the roughly 80% or better condition. Breda seem to be well thought of semi shotgun on some of the forms but can't find many changing hands to get an idea on price. Any ideas.

Sorry I don't have more pictures for some reason the other side didn't transfer to my computer.

I'm not offering them for sale here (at least not right now) because they are in Ohio.

Breda.jpg

The 2012 issue of Std Cat of Firearms put the 12g standard auto at $275 in V.G. condition. Looks like a sling swivel stud hole in the forend. That hurts it a tad. IMO, a good shooting 20g auto is a value of $3-350 but if want to move it, the 275 should find you a buyer. Get into the 3's and you will have to wait a while to find that person. Biggest hit is Breda is not a known gun for the most part. New ones run 700 - 1100 but you have to have a thing for Italy made shot guns to skip over all the "known" shotguns in that price range.

Thanks, my Sister In-Law isn't looking to make top money she just doesn't want to be taken with a real low offer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Grand Torino
      http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/07/19/armys-new-machine-gun-will-blast-like-battle-tanks.html
      The Army’s new weapon will look like a light machine gun, but will put M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank-style blasting power literally at the fingertips of U.S. soldiers.
      The new light machine gun will weigh less — and yet shoot farther. It should make U.S. soldiers even more lethal and enhance their speed and mobility while improving their safety in future combat.
      he Next Generation Squad Automatic Rifle (NGSAR) may replace about 80,000 SAWs (the M249 squad automatic weapon). The well-known and loved M249 SAWs were already beasts — now the Army’s light machine gun is going to get even more powerful.
        Armed with the NGSARs, soldiers will have the confidence of knowing the new weapon can be relied on for stopping power against sophisticated adversaries who arrive to fight in advanced body armor.
      The aim is for the NGSARs to fire bullets at pressure levels similar to those achieved by tanks when they fire. Rounds will smash through advanced adversary body armor even at a distance, allowing soldiers to accurately shoot while maintaining a safe distance from the threat whenever possible.
      Read more.
    • By hipower
      I'd like some commentary on the Remington Tac 12 or 20 Gauge shotguns.I'm considering buying one.
      Really don't know much about shottys, so asking for thoughts and opinions on which is better for all round use. By that I mean home defense, car or truck carry, and which gauge to go for.
      Thanks for any input.
    • By Gotthegoods
      High Tower Armory has created this:
      https://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95
      And I am tempted, especially with full ambi controls.
      Having done light research on bull pups, it seems the trigger quality is the greatest weakness. I don't see the HP getting any worse.
      Saw a review from a left handed shooter, the ejection port is off hand friendly in design. Other reviews are positive, suprised no negative reviews. This tells me it works out of the box if your HP runs.
      My total investment with this 4th incarnation would be about $650 with all parts and accessories
      Thoughts?

Original Post
      Want to start out with my bias towards PCCs. What a great idea. Take a handgun round and make it pretty effective 50-100 yards.
      A buddy sold me a nib 995 in sometime in '08 for $175 with 6 mags. Did as much research as possible and figured if a lemon, HP will fix it.
      Sat for at least year, maybe two.
      You see, while I am not a gun snob, it was so hideously offensive to my fine aesthetic style in the original "manlicher style", Planet of the Apes stock, I couldn't even shoot it in private.
      Couple of notes:
      Don't dry fire, the firing pin double as the ejector and is a weak part of the system.
      Check mag lip specs if experiencing feed issues.
      Trigger is questionable. There are YouTube videos to improve as well as an aftermarket tirgger if you are so inclined.
      I am not so inclined, though if feeling industrious, I may do a light polish.
      While www'ing, I discovered the ATI CX4 clone replacement stock for $69.99.
      Had to have it since I really like the look of the Storm and it eliminates the hideousness.
      Easy install, iron sights, my buddy is hitting the target at 50 yards.
      I am good to go, at one point I had mounted a 3x9 on this version.
      Looks cools, still no function issues.
      Feels substantial.
      Notes about the ATI stock:
      You have to remove 8 screws to remove the receiver from the stock for cleaning and maintenance.
      It MAY void the warranty; I believe I saw this on the HiPoint Forum many moons ago.
      The material of the ATI is similar to a semi flexible abs plastic, the original (and current HP stocks) are a more like a plasticky nylon (?) 
      The other difference is how the barrel is supported. The ATI has a single hard plastic clamp vs. full support with a factory stock.
      Supposedly, the way the barrel is supported, the flexibility of stock itself when the bolt fully recoils coupled with the odd little camel hump to absorb the recoil is how the system was designed.
      True or not, it the ATI stock, the bolt noticeably hits the rear and after repeated use, the thin rubber recoil buffer pad was pretty beat up. The picture I saw was showing damage to the rails and after the first few fixes, HP figured out it wasn't a design fault. The report came from a guy who shot is 995 a lot, hundreds of rounds per monthly outing 
      For occasional use and an improved recoil buffer pad, you'd probably be safe.
      I went the supersafe route and upgraded to the $69.99 TS stock with dual mag holders.
      It was this stock with $40 BSA red dot that pushed it to "protect my wife and life status," after using it in a close range carbine class.
      Since then, I started my M1 Carbine saga and acquired an AR, so I didn't think I  needed a 9mm PDW, so turned it into a plinked with $40 bipod and $69 BSA 1-4 budget optic. Figured I could deer hunt from my home office window since they get within 25 feet of the house.
      Closing thoughts
      It's pretty heavy to hump around, but it will get the job done.
      10 rounds mags will work if you got a bunch in your pocket.
      Be sure you seat the mags with the TS stock, they are slightly recessed in the mag well.
      The spring loaded recoil pad is neat in theory, not necessary with 9mm recoil and causes a for and aft positioning between shots.
      It's compact, so for longer length of pull folks it may be uncomfortable.
      Ergo are fair.
      Newer models have LRHO, I do not.
      Newer models have have redesigned receiver with clips for easier dis/re assembly.
      Budget, brand name, well reviewed optics of all sorts should work - low recoil platform. 
      Dropping it and any optic snapping off due to the optic construction or plastic rail - different conversation.
      With the availability and reported reliability of Red Ball's 20 round mags, I may drop the bipod and scope, remount the BSA (or a $50 Millett red dot) and throw it in the trunk.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines