Moderators Wanted! Inquire Within.

• Administrator

join-our-team.png

Hey gang...

I've often compared my role in a forum to that of a Grounds Keeper. What I am good at is keeping things looking nice and making sure the lights work and the doors open. The real life-blood of any community is the people who come and participate.

An important element of that is having good Moderators and we have some openings!

When I think about what a Moderator should be, it's someone who is engaging and likes to stir up conversation. It's also someone who can help steer conversations back on topic, or guide conversations to another "room" when it is appropriate to do so. Some folks might think of Moderators as being grumpy bus drivers who ride herd over a bunch of unruly kids, screaming "Fun isn't allowed on the bus!" but that isn't the role I like to see moderators take. If we get there, we've done a lot of other things wrong along the way.  While a bouncer at the door may be necessary on the rarest of occasions, what we really need are concierges who help keep things moving. 

Maybe you're the kind of person that folks naturally gravitate toward in crowds of people. Maybe you're the one who always seems to be surrounded by good conversation, and can talk about pretty much anything. If your friends and family accuse you of being able to talk the paint off the walls, you're probably the person I am talking about.  

So if that's you, or if you just have a serious desire to help out and always seem to know how to get an answer for folks even if you don't know what it is personally, I could really use your help.  In addition to the fame and entourage of good-looking people always following you around, moderators receive full "Benefactor" perks for free for as long as they're on staff.  Just kidding about the entourage.

Send me a private message if you'd like to be a Moderator here on TGO! (<-- that whole thing is a link. Click it!)

• Like 1

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.