Sign in to follow this  
aknifemaker

New Bowie

Little something I just got done. 10' long, S30VN stainlessl,stainless guard and pins black micarta handle. Did not make the revolver, but seemed like it went with the knife.

IMG_0214.JPG

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Good work! I must say that I like the micarta handles perhaps a bit more than the bowie though. I'm just strange that way.

Thanks guys big knife lots of grinding, tough steel to work. Yeah that double black micarta comes out real nice looking.

How do you expect me to fit that in my pocket? J/K

I personally like the blade, but I really like the grip, especially the shape of it. Good job!

2 hours ago, res308 said:

How do you expect me to fit that in my pocket? J/K

I personally like the blade, but I really like the grip, especially the shape of it. Good job!

Very good grip shape. 

I'm mindful that machine manufacture of things can use tolerances and and materials that were unthinkable even last decade. But, confound it, high quality hand craftsmanship, such as this here, shouldn't perish from it.

Continue on, AK. Once settled in out in TN, I shall be looking happily at you and your contemporaries for my cutlery.

SWC, a/k/a KI7CIL

I fully agree. I don't think that good old hand craftsmanship should ever perish. 

• Like 1

I am a tool maker by trade, been at it for 40+ years. A lot of CNC stuff now but back in the day any close work needed hand fitting, and it still does. I enjoy the process of knife making quite a bit feeds my creative side I guess.

Whatever the tool is, it has to work and fit both the job and the man doing it.

• Like 1