Taurus 24/7

Guest Kingfish

Guest Kingfish

Just wanted to post a note about my carry gun.

I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro SS 9mm.

I have had the gun about 6 months now and get to the range about once or twice a month. I did a lot of research when deciding what gun I wanted to carry.

I decided on the 24/7 for a lot of reasons. Below were the requirements for a carry gun with a reason the 24/7 fit.

1) Full size 9mm - Mostly becouse I have large hands and I can't shoot small guns well. I wanted something that could hold at least 15 rounds because I go to the range alot and did not want to have to reload as often and 9mm ammo is so cheap.

2) Manual safety - With a youngster in the house (age 4) and 3 dogs I wanted to lower the risk of ND from being dropped or being snagged some. Thought my son knows what a gun is and what it can do. I trust him around my guns more than most adults.

3) No exposed hammer - I was originally planning to carry concealed IWB. Did not want anything to snag. This is until I decided to carry Open OWB.

4) Price - I had to keep the total under $450. I go my gun for $425 OTD including 100 rounds of ammo.

5) Weight - Had to be light enough to carry comfortably and be heavy enough it felt like a gun. The 24/7 in 9mm weighs in at 27.2 oz or 1.7lbs. Just about everybody that holds the gun comments on how good the weight is.

A bonus was the Taurus's grip. The grip uses an overmold of rubber with ribs in the front of the grip. This gives a very comfortable grip that is a pleasure to shoot. A friend of mine just couldn't believe the grip was factory.

Since getting my permit I open carry the gun just about everywhere I go. It is very comfortable and fits me perfectly.

So far 1409 rounds through the gun without a single misfire, jam, or breakage of any kind.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic