Is everyone a little sensitive lately?

TerryW

Is it just me or is everyone a little sensitive lately?  I understand we ALL have things going on in our life that puts undue pressure on all of us, but really?  It's your choice how to react to that pressure.  It seemed when my wife was going thru cancer treatment our best medicine was a laugh and a smile.  People today get so involved in everybody else's business and getting pissed off for them.  Is our society needing more fiber or a colon flush?

• Like 2

It's social media, today one can share all their thrills and woes online making it easier for others to be involved.  The fact that most would not know each other but for the social media platform give a sense of anonymity so are more free with their opinions.  Sensitive people should not air their problems online.

• Like 1

I grew up the old fashioned way: I KNEW my opinion didn't matter. But you're right, not only do people seem to be more sensitive, they're also constantly on the lookout for some way to get their feelings hurt and be offended. They also think it's their right-privilege-responsibility to police the "airwaves" and be offended for someone else and to set out the "offender" so that the "offender" can be brought back into lock step.

Come to think of it, it reminds me of communism 

• Like 5

I'm retired now so that means when I get up most days the only thing I have to do is mind my own biz. So I try not to make comments on the inter web. I have found by doing so someone will take over the only thing I had to do that day. So most of the time I try to add just a small joke or offer support to someone.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, res308 said:

I grew up the old fashioned way: I KNEW my opinion didn't matter. But you're right, not only do people seem to be more sensitive, they're also constantly on the lookout for some way to get their feelings hurt and be offended. They also think it's their right-privilege-responsibility to police the "airwaves" and be offended for someone else and to set out the "offender" so that the "offender" can be brought back into lock step.

Come to think of it, it reminds me of communism 

res308, I could not have said it better! 

I could not have said it better. 

I was outside washing our trucks, in the rain, the rain is the best "spot free rinse" it's from the heavens, and I thought the same thing but you are saying it more eloquent

8 minutes ago, bigun said:

I'm retired now so that means when I get up most days the only thing I have to do is mind my own biz. So I try not to make comments on the inter web. I have found by doing so someone will take over the only thing I had to do that day. So most of the time I try to add just a small joke or offer support to someone.

Even a small "drive-by" joke about something, not someone, hurts people. 

I enjoy levity, any kind!  As long as it not directed to hurt a person.  My last name brought on a lot of jokes when I was a kid and my Mom told me "the kids making fun of our last name don't make you made, you choose to be mad". 

Kevin Carmichel was relentless. Kevin if you are out there, I'm still mad!  lol 

Edited by TerryW
  • Confused 1

I agree with the social media. Anonymity allows folks to say things they'd never say in public. Then there's the fact of just how divided we are as a nation. Everybody has a complaint, a cause, or a movement.

It mostly just makes me have a movement if you know what I mean...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, TerryW said:

I'm getting old and it's getting harder to understand little johnny and little jane all grown up now.  They have spent their entire youth with mommy and daddy telling them their opinion matters. lol

It's not just young people. The fact that TGO has had to scrap certain areas of the forum is a good indicator that everyone is a bit too sensitive these days. 

I see a lot of people acting as though only the "snowflakes" have cornered the market on hurt feelings. That's just not true. 

• Like 3

The past few years people don't seem to be happy unless they're miserable. They expect a trophy for getting out of bed in the morning & if they don't get it, they're gonna' hold a march to protest whatever "thing" someone on social media said they have to be upset about. It seemed to have started right around 2008 & progressively got worse over the next eight years. If you walk down the street without wearing a "MLK" or "black lives matter" shirt, you're being racist. If you don't "friend" someone online, you're being insensitive. If you're not "politically correct" enough, you're being offensive. What the hell is wrong with America these days?!

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, luvmyberetta said:

What the hell is wrong with America these days?!

Engineered stupidity is pretty much at the forefront. 

I'm glad we can point out this stuff here amongst ourselves. Seems to be one extreme or the other on most gun forums I see: either your not manly or "tactical" if you're not an "ice-hole" or they're part of the "oooh, oooh, oooh you can't say that, it's offensive and hurt my feelings" crowd. 

What ever happened to "well me, David, and GT disagree on this here problem, so let's figure out which one of us has the right idea and git 'er done" kind of mindset. This whole blasted country is bogged down in a quagmire because "feelings."

Now what did I do with that "For Sale" ad for that island......

• Like 1
6 hours ago, pop pop said:

IMO, many need Jesus Christ working on their hearts and minds. Like it or not, "Real Religion," taken to heart,"  makes one more tolerant of others.

Now see, there you go throwing truth into it!:up:

• Like 1