Is everyone a little sensitive lately?

TerryW

I think you mean instead of insensitive you really mean intolerant. When people cannot handle the truth, facts or outcomes you get labeled as a a racists, bigot or a plethora of other terms appropriate for the moment. You see this in debate and across news and social media channels. Your either shouted down, shamed, censored, blocked, ignored, ridiculed, banned etc..... Constructive criticism and internal reflection and debate center focused on facts and truths would go a long way in bring back civility in conversation in our society.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, GeorgeandSugar said:

I think you mean instead of insensitive you really mean intolerant. When people cannot handle the truth, facts or outcomes you get labeled as a a racists, bigot or a plethora of other terms appropriate for the moment. You see this in debate and across news and social media channels. Your either shouted down, shamed, censored, blocked, ignored, ridiculed, banned etc..... Constructive criticism and internal reflection and debate center focused on facts and truths would go a long way in bring back civility in conversation in our society.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem being that the folks with the power are the ones defining the truths and what passes for constructive.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

It's not just young people. The fact that TGO has had to scrap certain areas of the forum is a good indicator that everyone is a bit too sensitive these days. 

I see a lot of people acting as though only the "snowflakes" have cornered the market on hurt feelings. That's just not true. 

Give it a rest already.:blink:

I think avoiding all of the offeneded criteria is tough these days! I am not black, LGBTQABCD...Z, Latino, Catholic, Islamic, immigrant, or most other categories. I am an old, grumpy, veteran though which I guess fits somewhere. I am working on my personal failures, numerous I am sure but the worse are: not being tolerant of stupid!, no sympathy for easily offended folk, not caring what other religions think, and the biggest failure personally is being a passionately patriotic veteran. Now if any of those offend you I suggest you reread the first failure I listed.

Love the USA or get out! Pretty simple. That and leave me and mine alone and I will leave you and yours alone. As long as whatever we do does not interfere with the rights of the other then have at it!

You see, that is where most of the over sensistivity is coming from, minding others business! If everyone would get back to minding their own it would ease up. I guess we have the internet to thank for that one!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, n0rlf said:

...You see, that is where most of the over sensistivity is coming from, minding others business! If everyone would get back to minding their own it would ease up. I guess we have the internet to thank for that one!

I am not so sure about that.  I think some people just feel like they are either obligated or entitled to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.  I am not the biggest Hank, Jr. fan but your post made me think about this song from back around 1981, well before the Internet.  BTW, this has long been one of my favorite songs of his.

Of course that song pretty much re-iterates the sentiment in this song from his father (and I am a Hank, Sr. fan)

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
  • Authorized Vendor

I've been a mind my own business and you mind yours guy my whole life. I have my beliefs and you have yours...fine....just don't make a big damn deal cause I don't share yours.

The older I get the easier it it for me. Now I don't give a hoot what you think and don't really have the time to be bothered caring what anyone else thinks about most topics. Life is too short and getting shorter by the minute.

My family...especially the grandkids ....I seem to always have time for. The questions they have still give me a bit of hope for the future.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JAB said:

I am not so sure about that.  I think some people just feel like they are either obligated or entitled to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.  I am not the biggest Hank, Jr. fan but your post made me think about this song from back around 1981, well before the Internet.  BTW, this has long been one of my favorite songs of his. 

A good point! But most folks these days have not heard of Bo! More or less know his songs. 

"I think some people just feel like they are either obligated or entitled to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong." That is why I am against most religions. Believe what you want but keep it to yourself! If I politely decline your offer to preach to me then I think you should respect my wish. Too many people these days think they do not have to respect anyone's personal beliefs. Most think you have to respect theirs but they do not have to reciprocate. Hmmm to me that sounds like bad parenting or just a complete loss of realilty.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, gunwhatgun said:

Not to hijack this thread or be self serving, but, I own and operate a graphics shop. I can hook you up with that shirt if you really did want it.

Thats tempting for me. I usually think of a phrase a week but vulgarity is frowned upon lol

1 minute ago, FUJIMO said:

Thats tempting for me. I usually think of a phrase a week but vulgarity is frowned upon lol

LOL not for me, you'd be shocked at some of the things Ive been asked to make, it's the general public that seems to expect everyone else to follow a moral code that they want nothing to do with.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gunwhatgun said:

LOL not for me, you'd be shocked at some of the things Ive been asked to make, it's the general public that seems to expect everyone else to follow a moral code that they want nothing to do with.

I would be in big trouble if i had shirts made for some of my thoughts! I already have the obvious ones but it would be a lot of fun to get some made for when I have to venture into certain areas. Like college areas! :eek: I would hate to see mass snowflake melting.

• Like 1

I think everyone, myself included, needs to go spend an entire day at the range, then spend half the night cleaning guns or otherwise occupy themselves in a way that does not include the internet or television.

It’s taken me a long time to realize but bitching about other people bitching does nothing but raise one’s blood pressure just prior to a few minutes of calm satisfaction after enough people have bitched along with you.  Then the cycle starts all over again.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I think everyone, myself included, needs to go spend an entire day at the range, then spend half the night cleaning guns or otherwise occupy themselves in a way that does not include the internet or television.

It’s taken me a long time to realize but bitching about other people bitching does nothing but raise one’s blood pressure just prior to a few minutes of calm satisfaction after enough people have bitched along with you.  Then the cycle starts all over again.

That does lead to a good nights sleep. Worked for me yesterday I processed a lot of ammo and slept great last night. Hell, I smiled at someone this morning before I had my second pot of coffee!

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, gunwhatgun said:

Well the difference is I STILL HAVE MORALS ,lol. 

38 minutes ago, Garufa said:

True. Or attacking someone for mentioning the 500 pound gorilla in the room makes people feel better.

13 minutes ago, TerryW said:

True. Or attacking someone for mentioning the 500 pound gorilla in the room makes people feel better.

There seemingly is a 500 pound gorilla around every corner these days.  Since you started this thread what set you off?  Might help to just let it out.

It's an observation on my part. I worry more about the stray dog I saw crossing the road yesterday than the posts or comments on the internet. 

You can follow my post history and you find ZERO attacking anyone else or placing my 2 cents in.

10 minutes ago, TerryW said:

No thanks Dr Phill.  I'd say I appreciate the offer but I dont.   :eek:

9lhmyb.jpg

You do help make my point.  You have turned this into my fault....Hmmmmmmm.......

Did I get your panties in a wad?  If so, get over it.  If not, then carry on with the commiseration.  :D

6 hours ago, res308 said:

Engineered stupidity is pretty much at the forefront. 

I'm glad we can point out this stuff here amongst ourselves. Seems to be one extreme or the other on most gun forums I see: either your not manly or "tactical" if you're not an "ice-hole" or they're part of the "oooh, oooh, oooh you can't say that, it's offensive and hurt my feelings" crowd. 

What ever happened to "well me, David, and GT disagree on this here problem, so let's figure out which one of us has the right idea and git 'er done" kind of mindset. This whole blasted country is bogged down in a quagmire because "feelings."

Now what did I do with that "For Sale" ad for that island......

I'm offended by your use of the term "engineered".  

:) 

• Wow 1