Is everyone a little sensitive lately?

TerryW

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

I think everyone, myself included, needs to go spend an entire day at the range, then spend half the night cleaning guns or otherwise occupy themselves in a way that does not include the internet or television.

It’s taken me a long time to realize but bitching about other people bitching does nothing but raise one’s blood pressure just prior to a few minutes of calm satisfaction after enough people have bitched along with you.  Then the cycle starts all over again.

Sounds like a plan once I get set up out in TN. Getting the finals done here prior to the move is eating my time nicely, and listening to the handheld does a good job of filling the net-hole.

35 minutes ago, peejman said:

I don't care that my being offended offends you. My offendedness is of far greater importance than yours.  :taunt:

Not so fast. The fact that you are offended by my being offended of your offensiveness just means one of us needs right guard!  Now there is a memory

• Like 2
13 hours ago, n0rlf said:

Not so fast. The fact that you are offended by my being offended of your offensiveness just means one of us needs right guard!  Now there is a memory

My wife switched me to Arm and Hammer and it actually works noticeably better. 

2 hours ago, peejman said:

My wife switched me to Arm and Hammer and it actually works noticeably better. 

I am offended by the obviously male arm wielding that hammer.  The logo needs to be more gender neutral.

Think that is just a silly, off the cuff comment?  Nope.  Now, I don't watch stupid awards shows but saw an article about this a day or two ago.  Morgan Freeman, of all people (who I used to think had at least a halfway reasonable head on his shoulders) received a lifetime achievement award from the screen actors guild.  His award was, unlike the standard award, simply a mask of comedy (as in the masks of comedy and tragedy.)  The standard awards, however, depict a male nude holding a smaller version of said mask.  During his acceptance speech Freeman criticized the award as being 'gender specific'.  Oh, please, give me a break.  Thing is, if the award depicted a female nude then people would be bitching about it 'exploiting women'.  Further, I guess we should go around the world and make statues such as Rodin's "The Thinker" and Michelangelo's "David" more gender neutral. 

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

I saw that this morning and had the same thought. Really, Morgan Freeman! I always thought better of him. No matter as it is Hollyweird and I pay them no mind 99.5% of the time. The other .5% is for the occasional comment that is not completeley BSC.

Well now that we've all acknowledged our sensitivity, I'm going to wait a few months and give everyone a very important lesson on sensitivity. I'm going to go through the whole month of August without taking a bath, and then come visit every one of you. Just trying to make the sacrifice and do my part to contribute to the sensitivity training. That way, when this subject of being offended comes up again, I can refer everyone back to this great learning experience that I have contributed for the greater good. After I get out of the hospital of course. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, res308 said:

Well now that we've all acknowledged our sensitivity, I'm going to wait a few months and give everyone a very important lesson on sensitivity. I'm going to go through the whole month of August without taking a bath, and then come visit every one of you. Just trying to make the sacrifice and do my part to contribute to the sensitivity training. That way, when this subject of being offended comes up again, I can refer everyone back to this great learning experience that I have contributed for the greater good. After I get out of the hospital of course. 

So you've given more than 6 months notice.... careful you don't pick a fight you can't win. 

19 minutes ago, peejman said:

So you've given more than 6 months notice.... careful you don't pick a fight you can't win. 

Just trying to be courteous and make sure everyone has their gas masks and shotguns in working order. Don't want to offend anyone ya know. :angel: