On the subject of TGO hats, shirts, etc...

TGO David

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

Good looking hat too.... hint hint..... :dirty:

Yeah yeah yeah.  If I think there is really enough interest in it, I will try to get something going again.  The place I've found that would be easiest for all of us to use produces things on par with what we had before, which is to say of considerably better quality than Cafe Press or Spreadshirt or any of those other places.  These folks do actual embroidery, just like we're all accustomed to from before.

Setup to have them produce stuff for us is going to set me back about $150.  I've got to be sure we can sell enough hats and shirts to recoup at least 50% of that up front and the other 50% over the next few months otherwise that's just money out of TGO's operating budget out the window.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Yeah yeah yeah.  If I think there is really enough interest in it, I will try to get something going again.  The place I've found that would be easiest for all of us to use produces things on par with what we had before, which is to say of considerably better quality than Cafe Press or Spreadshirt or any of those other places.  These folks do actual embroidery, just like we're all accustomed to from before.
Setup to have them produce stuff for us is going to set me back about $150.  I've got to be sure we can sell enough hats and shirts to recoup at least 50% of that up front and the other 50% over the next few months otherwise that's just money out of TGO's operating budget out the window.

Very interested in hats.
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

I will donate $20 to the set-up, start a “go fund us” thread for the hats and it will be over in a day or two if I had to bet.

Start the thread and quote me please.

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 4
  • Authorized Vendor
13 hours ago, TGO David said:

I want one of the hats.....maybe two hats. Geesh....it's like pulling teeth around here.:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Administrator

I am splitting this thread off from the other one.

So, I put in a small order for a few samples from the company I have in mind.  They won't arrive until mid February.  These aren't done off-shore, it was just a condition of the small quantity and taking advantage of an offer they made to digitize the TGO logo for me for free if I didn't mind the delay.

That said, I am also going to speak with them about a storefront for TGO.  They will do all order fulfillment, which is nice.  I'll let you guys know what we need to do to get this rolling after I speak with them.

• Like 6
  • Moderators

While I’m totally in for a TGO hat, just like to drop the idea that I’d also really like to get my hands on an SN hat as I think it might be nice conversation starter. I am constantly traveling all over the country after all. Plus, you just plain did a bang up job on that logo. 

• Like 2

If startup $ is a problem (when is it not?) I'm good for $50. email or pmail me and I will zip out Priority Mail with the cash within. Or if TGO has a PayPal set up, I can be good for that too.

I might also suggest a logo patch, if one isn't already in the works. In regular color, desert, woodland, and night would be additional suggestions if the market will bear it.

SWC a/k/a  KI7CIL

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
7 hours ago, TGO David said:

I am splitting this thread off from the other one.

So, I put in a small order for a few samples from the company I have in mind.  They won't arrive until mid February.  These aren't done off-shore, it was just a condition of the small quantity and taking advantage of an offer they made to digitize the TGO logo for me for free if I didn't mind the delay.

That said, I am also going to speak with them about a storefront for TGO.  They will do all order fulfillment, which is nice.  I'll let you guys know what we need to do to get this rolling after I speak with them.

Now your talkin'!!!:up: