7.5 Field Pistol - I so want one.

KahrMan

• 3 years later...
51 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I see these are available.  Anybody order one, hhhmm, Kahrman??

https://fkbrnous.com/product/7-5-fk-field-pistol/

I came very close to buying one when they were first released.  I was on the phone with them getting ready to put a deposit down and then backed out.   I still want one but there are a lot of other guns I could get for $7500. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Oh and thanks a lot for bringing this back to the front of my mind.

Just trying to help out a TGO Friend!!!😁

3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Have you looked into the 7.5 PSD? It’s a polymer framed version of the field pistol and even comes as a kit with a replacement barrel for 10mm.

And then comes along another TGO friend to throw some wood on the firestorm in Karhmans head!🤣🤣🤣

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mamcdonald said:

I’m pretty tempted by the new PSD they have. Able to shoot 10mm and .40 S&W with a barrel change or 9mm with a new barrel and mag, depending on which caliber you want the conversion parts are included with the gun. RDS ready, multiple sight setups included, and about 6 grand less than the field pistol

https://fkbrnous.com/psd/

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Have you looked into the 7.5 PSD? It’s a polymer framed version of the field pistol and even comes as a kit with a replacement barrel for 10mm. 

https://fkbrnous.com/psd/

*edited to add*
Looks like we had the same though at the same time, mamcdonald. 😁

Now we are talking.  The PSD is not as pretty but the price is a lot more attractive.  

• Like 3

If I were buying one, I guess I'd spring for a pallet of ammo to go with it. I'm not sure WalMart stocks it.

Just pretend for a moment you had brass and dies (neither of which exists), who makes 31 caliber pistol bullets? I guess you could make a custom mold and powder coat?

LOL! I think I'll just stick with my trusty old 38 rimfire.😀

Edited by gregintenn
4 hours ago, gregintenn said:

If I were buying one, I guess I'd spring for a pallet of ammo to go with it. I'm not sure WalMart stocks it.

Just pretend for a moment you had brass and dies (neither of which exists), who makes 31 caliber pistol bullets? I guess you could make a custom mold and powder coat?

LOL! I think I'll just stick with my trusty old 38 rimfire.😀

I would buy quite a bit of the 7.5 ammo but just keep it for hunting.  I would get the 9mm barrel for just having  fun and throwing lead downrange.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Well I finally did it.  I got a PSD.  I must say this thing feels awesome in the hand.  It has some weight to it but it is balanced really well.  I got the 9mm barrel just to make it cheaper to play with.  I did buy 400 rounds of 7.5 FK.  300 for target shooting  and 100 for hunting.  I will probably end up putting a RMR on it but now I am just going to use the iron sights.  Right now I have the ghost ring rear sight and big orange diamond for the front.

E36373C6-E9D9-40F6-AC13-497A73105901.jpg

FAFB7EA1-DE79-4ED8-8229-70A5A92E0E27.jpg

4076BA4B-5F82-4C39-AEB5-F07C803B8933.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 1/29/2022 at 6:45 PM, KahrMan said:

The PSD has only been out for a year or so…

If you're able to, contrast it with the FN 5.7x28, please? 

Based on what I've read, the 7.5 is a much, much more potent rd. Defeats Level 3 body armor at 100 meters with the proper ammo. (Not that I need that or anything.) 

What I don't know is how flat it shoots beyond that 50 meter range when compared to the 5.7? 

Thanks!

7.5mm ammo.jpg

FK BRNO Field Pistol.jpg

Edited by bobsguns

That is an interesting chart Rizzo.  I never considered comparing it to the 5.7 because I am looking at it to hunt with.  

It shoots as flat as the the 40gr 5.7 round even though it weighs 2.5x more.

Bob, I know it is used some as an urban defense weapon but the round is getting the most traction as a hunting round.  There are some great hunting video on FK's site.

Here is a good video with Rob Pincus

5 hours ago, KahrMan said:

It shoots as flat as the the 40gr 5.7 round even though it weighs 2.5x more.

Bob, I know it is used some as an urban defense weapon but the round is getting the most traction as a hunting round.  

Yeah, that surprises me they're almost identical to each other, the 7.5 & 5.7 calibers. 

As for hunting & self-defense, one could argue they're both the same......................    😉

Some of those calibers I've NEVER heard of before in my life: .414 Supermag? .44 AMP? .40 Super? Am I the only one in the dark on these calibers?