Marshall County Kentucky School Shooting

TGO David

• Administrator

I’ve been tracking this since right after it happened this morning. It’s all over the news back home in Kentucky and starting to hit the national news. 

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/01/23/shooting-marshall-county-high-school/

My brother alerted me to it this AM. He’s got family who were at the school when it happened so it’s been a tense day. 

So far they’re saying two teenagers have died, as many as 14 others are wounded, and the 15 year old shooter is in custody.  It’s a senseless, terrible loss of life. No motives have been mentioned yet. 

Pray for all those involved, please. My hometown is no stranger to school shootings, unfortunately. The last big one like this was in December of 1997 at Heath High School in West Paducah. 

I see Giffords took no time to start yapping about more gun control. No idea what the reasons were yet or even waiting for information just start with the political BS. 

Things like this are what cause more and more hatred in the country. Rhetoric that is absolutely unneeded and uncalled for.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Very sad. That seems like a nice place. Not somewhere something like this would happen.

I'm from there. There are rumors about the kid. When it comes to the woman that's missing some of her brains... it's Kentucky. Good luck collecting the guns, laws or not.

33 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I'm from there. There are rumors about the kid. When it comes to the woman that's missing some of her brains... it's Kentucky. Good luck collecting the guns, laws or not.

Mike and David...

It is, indeed, sad... I also have in-law kinfolk from up there and i spent quite a bit of time both visitin and workin in the Paducah area...

As i recall, this is the second round of shootings like this... There was one at Heath High School just west of Paducah several years ago...  There are those who are pretty wise that think that the "kids shooting kids" thing is linked to Ritalin usage in children to treat ADHD... I think there is somethin to this theory... The problem with the Ritalin thing is that it's been endorsed and prescribed so long that it will be almost impossible to change, no matter the truth of the matter... No matter the cause, this is, indeed, a genuine tragedy...

As to the collecting of guns and tightening of gun laws in Kentucky... It's ludacris on it's face... This area of kentucky is beautiful, rural, and full of hunters and shooters... More than that, it's on the Great Mississippi Flyway... Guns in every house and people that know how to use 'em... I think Giffords and that clown that leads her around need to make a trip to Western Kentucky and do a "Round em up... Give em up" rally...

leroy

My girl is in touch with a bunch of folks there. She even sent me a picture of the shooter from one of the students. She also has family that works there. 

For those not aware, Marshall county is the western shore of Kentucky Lake from the dam on south until you run out of county. It's not unusual to hear semi-automatic gunfire nearby. Sometimes it's my brother. Sometimes it's me. Sometimes it's the neighbors. Good luck, Gabby.

Edited by mikegideon

I'm not defending what the kid did but if he was in fact picked on, the bullies share some of the blame. As do the parents if they did nothing to stop it.  There is no place for it in 2018 as we have seen time and time again what happens. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

Looks to me a bit sheltered, does not have lots of friends.. maybe was bullied, nerdy type from looking at what he plays in band... I think parents play a role in this,.most are oblivious  to what their kids are up to now a days.How many kids do this and how many kids commit suicide because of parents who dont have a clue what is going on with their kids.

I , by NO means is excusing this kind of behavior.. he needs to sit in jail for the rest of his life.. but could this be another incident that could have been prevented?

• Like 1