Sign in to follow this  
Rocktop

sale-or-trade Shutting it down to post elsewhere

Sorry, no story, just something I acquired years ago (long before my wife). I always wanted to turn it into an office chair but never got around to doing it. It has been sitting in the basement for over 35 years and figured it was time to let it go. 

A little background on how I acquired this. In the  80's I was working on the west coast and on a business flight, I happened to be seated next to a guy who claimed his family had a company that salvaged military aircraft in Arizona. After a few beers, I told him that I always wanted an ejection seat. I was told if I ever made it out to Phoneix to give him a call and he could get me one (no promises on make, type or condition). To make a long story short about 6 months later I was moving back to Michigan and made a stop in Phoenix to pick up my ejection seat. If I remember correctly it is a downward ejecting seat for the Radar/navigator. I have look around over the years and never found another one for sale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocktop said:

If I remember correctly it is a downward ejecting seat for the Radar/navigator. 

It's a radar/nav seat, and yes it ejected downwards. The other 4 seats ejected upwards. http://www.ejectionsite.com/b-52.htm

You can tell it's a downwards one by the fact it has no arm rests, the pull handles on the sides are oversized vs. the smaller handles on the upwards ones, by how it sits with a gap under it instead of flush with the floor, and that it doesn't have a panel extending above the headrest to crush through an overhead panel if the seat launched but the panel didn't blow off properly.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2

BUFFs are a piece of living history. The story I seem to recall is that the tailgunners  wore chutes, and if they had to bail, the plexiglass got kicked out and they got pulled out through the action of the plane's slipstream,  then pulled their own cords.

Good Morning:

I'm a retired Air Force B-52 G & H radar navigator who spent five  years sitting in a downward firing ejection seat back in the 1980s during the Cold War. I've been looking for a downward ejection seat for a while and am interested in purchasing the seat in you posting. Please get back to me with your price, location, and whether local pick-up is possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GlockSpock
      $200.00 $175.00 - Or trade for various firearms
      iPhone 8 - 64 GB - Space Grey - Factory Unlocked
      I bought this phone from Apple.
      Selling this iPhone 8 only because I recently acquired an iPhone XR. This still is an excellent phone, and would be a nice, cheaper upgrade to someone with either an older phone, to use as a spare, or for a child, etc.
      The phone itself was in the Magpul case (or equivalent) 100% of the time. It had a screen protector for about 90% of the time, but a few months ago the screen protector cracked and I never replaced it. The screen itself does have a few minor blemishes, but it is hardly noticeable during use. Adding a screen protector would probably cover up the blemishes a bit more.
      It shows a lot of lint in the photos. Honestly, it looks dirtier in the photos than it does in person. Rather than attempting to clean the lint out of the small speaker ports, etc, I'm going to let the buyer do that. I'd hate to try and be too aggressive and then damage something.
      The battery does show wear, as seen in the attached screenshot.  Apple will replaced the battery for $49.00, as shown here. With that being said, this phone would easily get me through an entire day with light to medium use. Both wireless charging and the Lightning port work.
      To my knowledge, all functions of this phone work properly.
      All shown accessories included. The charging brick, cable, and earbuds are 100% new.

• By Charles Wonder
      Got the SBE 3 last year and only get to use once for clay shooting. maybe 3 boxes through it. It looks and feels brand new, only sell it because the Length of Pull is too long for a small frame people like me. It shoots smooth,  the comfortech stock technology  makes the  recoil minimum, and easy to take down to clean.  $1360  ( don't low ball please as I paid $1850 for it).
      Only trade is a compact Benelli M2 or other mid-high end shot gun for women's frame with shorter length of pull such as Beretta A400 compact so that both my wife and I can handle it with shorter LOP. 

• By pops572
      Gen 4 Glock 30 with 2 10rd mags and 3250 rounds of .45 ammo, thats right over 3k rounds of ammo. Ammo is mostly Winchester white box and Federal. $1500 for all or trades considered. Mostly interested is 9mm pistol and 5.56 rifles, but will listen to all. Northern mid TN

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines