Battle Arms Development Paratrooper

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I like the looks of it. Although that doesn’t look like solid walnut (might just be the photography though).

I wouldn’t want .300BLK and certainly wouldn’t pay $3k for it. :)

With a 7.5” barrel, it pretty much has to be .300blk or it’s virtually useless when it comes to being effective on target.

39 minutes ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

The cheek piece is likely dipped. The rest of it looks like wood. The grip is made from two halves.

I like it a lot better than black plastic.

I think you’re right. The cheek piece is essentially “simulated wood grain” like in a fancy car dashboard.

I’d expect more from a $3k weapon but you know how I roll, lol.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I think you’re right. The cheek piece is essentially “simulated wood grain” like in a fancy car dashboard.

I’d expect more from a $3k weapon but you know how I roll, lol.

From the item description: 
Paying homage to the old-school WWII era weapons, the "PARATROOPER" is furnished with custom Grade A French Walnut Handguard & Pistol Grip.  To cap it off, it is paired with wood finished SS Cheek Rest (UV stablized, simulated wood powdercoat finish) for strength and durability.  The complete rifle is finished with H-Series CERAKOTE with custom blended "Parkerized Green Steel & Cosmoline" theme finish matching that of the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903A3, etc.

12 hours ago, nightrunner said:

With a 7.5” barrel, it pretty much has to be .300blk or it’s virtually useless when it comes to being effective on target.

If that’s true they should have made the barrel longer. I had a $500 PLR-16 with a 9.2” barrel that was accurate at the ranges you would be using a SBR. With manufactures offering AR Pistols that don’t require the NFA drama; I would want go that route.

Isn’t there someone making real wood AR furniture?