Smith & Wesson Model 39

DaveTN

I’m looking for a Smith & Wesson Model 39. I have $cash$ or could possibly come up with something to trade; depending on what you want/Need.

Shoot me a PM with a price and how close you are willing to meet to Murfreesboro and I’ll let you know if I need to see pics.

Thanks,

Dave

EDIT: I'm not really interested in nickel.

YbgN8Jt.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I was about to get excited as I have been looking for one of these as well.  Found one in a LGS the other day but looked like someone had taken a Sawzall to the front of the trigger guard and a file to the hammer. 

There is a Nickel one in Kingsport on Armslist for $550. I’m just not interested in Nickle and Kingsport is too far away from me.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

So Gunbroker is not an option?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747394243

This one doesn't look too bad. Has some scratches, lite ones, that make me think cleaned with light steel wool. Or I could be totally mistaken. lol

I considered offering you mine, but then came to my senses. lol

At some point, as I get older now, I know I'll have to start letting go of my meager Smith collection. Just not right now.

23 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

So Gunbroker is not an option?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747394243

Maybe later.

My FFL requires a copy of the other FFL prior to shipment. I’ll need to find someone that will accept it with it in the box. I’m just trying to buy locally right now. They aren’t rare and aren’t high dollar; so it’s just a waiting game.

24 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Maybe later.

My FFL requires a copy of the other FFL prior to shipment. I’ll need to find someone that will accept it with it in the box. I’m just trying to buy locally right now. They aren’t rare and aren’t high dollar; so it’s just a waiting game.

I understand, I have a few items like that on my list. Plus the FFL fees really hurt getting cheaper things online. The LGS I use has gone from $5 for each additional item, to $10, to the same fee of $20 per item in the last year or so. Did that right as I was about to order 5 $30 stripped lowers. Would have still been cheaper than buying ones they stock, but not by a lot and that is before tax. They do not even need to know a transfer is coming in. I usually email about it though.

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

After you find one and buy it, you'll see them for sale everywhere you go. That's how it happens with me anyway.

I know. I’ve found several that I have passed on. Either the price is too high or they can’t give me pictures to justify the price they are asking. As you well know; I’ll find what I’m looking for. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, mikegideon said:

Just don't shoot yourself. You know that don't have a drop safety, right? :)

So I can't do back flips on the dance floor? 

On 6/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, mikegideon said:

Right now that's in the price range it should be in (around $500) but with a $2K "buy it now" price I doubt that will buy it.

Archived