I need to buy a gun!

DaveTN

4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I think you have one I'm looking for...a S&W Model 39. :)

I do have a nice one, and got it at a bargain. I's sure hate to part with it. They aren't as plentiful as they once were it seems. It's fun to shoot. I'd like a model 52 as a companion to it. They are simply amazing.

10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I do have a nice one, and got it at a bargain. I's sure hate to part with it. They aren't as plentiful as they once were it seems. It's fun to shoot. I'd like a model 52 as a companion to it. They are simply amazing.

I had a new model 39 and Belgium Browning Hi-Power around the same time in 1978. Other than 1911’s they were my first semi-auto center fire pistols. I wish I had them both back. The 39’s are being priced in a range I would pay (but they are in other states); the Belgium Browning Hi-Power’s are not.

10 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I had a new model 39 and Belgium Browning Hi-Power around the same time in 1978. Other than 1911’s they were my first semi-auto center fire pistols. I wish I had them both back. The 39’s are being priced in a range I would pay (but they are in other states); the Belgium Browning Hi-Power’s are not.

I understand. I've never owned a Hi Power, but would like one. The 39 will fit a 1911 holster like it was made for it. That's cool.

I think I'd like a target pistol. Maybe a 22, like an old High Standard or 41 Smith and Wesson. I'd also consider a 9mm like a CZ75 or 210 Sig.

There's a Savage 99 F in 308 for sale in Lewisburg. I'd buy it, but won't drive that far for it.

I think cabin fever is setting in.

Edited by gregintenn
24 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I also might just build an AR pistol. Is my understanding that I can use any brand new AR lower that has never been used in a build, to build an AR pistol that does not require NFA non-sense correct? :confused:

That's correct.

8 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I understand. I've never owned a Hi Power, but would like one. The 39 will fit a 1911 holster like it was made for it. That's cool.

I think I'd like a target pistol. Maybe a 22, like an old High Standard or 41 Smith and Wesson. I'd also consider a 9mm like a CZ75 or 210 Sig.

I’d like a Model 41, but not the $1200 price tag that goes with it. I’d like to try the Victory when they offer it in a longer barrel. Until then my 6” 617 will have to do.

50 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Any gun really. I don’t even know what I want.

Ever have those times that you have gun money burning a hole in your pocket and you can’t really find anything?

It’s a sickness that comes with withdrawals.

That is all….

:leaving:

I'm afraid I had the same itch. I did a layaway on a CZ 75 this morning.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Any gun really. I don’t even know what I want.

Ever have those times that you have gun money burning a hole in your pocket and you can’t really find anything?

It’s a sickness that comes with withdrawals.

That is all….

:leaving:

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, hipower said:

I really like this!!!!

Yea, me too! Noticed it has a Masons symbol inside of Texas on the top of the slide. I think the custom engraver is in Texas as well from what I saw of it. Prob bout a $10,000 heater.....

Edited by Fourtyfive
16 minutes ago, LCPfraTN said:

My model 39 is a safe queen. I’m not sure I’d ever be willing to part with it, but then again, I’ve also learned that its foolish to say never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is too for the most part but I do take it out once every couple of years for some quality time.  It really is a great gun, one of the best 9’s ever.

I’ll never let it go.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

Yea, me too! Noticed it has a Masons symbol inside of Texas on the top of the slide. I think the custom engraver is in Texas as well from what I saw of it. Prob bout a $10,000 heater.....

It sure looks that way, and I missed it. Though not a Mason, if I could afford it; that would be a wonderful tribute pistol to my father.

28 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Mine is too for the most part but I do take it out once every couple of years for some quality time.  It really is a great gun, one of the best 9’s ever.

I’ll never let it go.

Same here. I got one from my father-in-law some years back. Looks unfired, and I just hate to think of doing it, but at some point I probably will.