Sign in to follow this  
DaveTN

HOW TO POST A PICTURE WITH IMGUR

It seems people are having trouble posting pictures since Photobucket committed suicide. IMGUR is free and appears to work fine for me.

So I thought I would share a quick “How to” on posting images in a post or starting a thread.

Double click on the image you want to post. You will see a bunch of choices down the right side with buttons. Click the “COPY” button next to “DIRECT LINK”. The address is now copied to the memory of your computer. (Shown Below)

KvbnOXQ.jpg

Now you can either start a thread or respond to a post, whatever you are doing and type whatever info you want. Then hit the enter key so you will be posting the picture below the next, not next to it.

In the lower right hand corner select “INSERT OTHER MEDIA” and then select “Insert image from URL”

(Shown Below)

oDL5aw6.jpg

When you do that a box will open up for you to put the address (URL) of your picture in. Click inside the box and paste the address you have stored in memory in to it. The Windows shortcut for paste is Ctrl/V. (While holding down the CTRL key, tap the V key) The address from IMGUR is now pasted into the box.

(Shown Below)

synaDMe.jpg

Then click the “Insert into post button” and you picture will appear.

(Shown Below)

S7X5oKT.jpg

Here’s another tip about pictures….

When you quote a post with a bunch of pictures in it, we don’t really need to see them all again so you can post “Cool”. If you want to quote what the person said without all the pictures being reposted; just click on them and hit the delete key. It will remove the pictures, leave the text.  :cheers:

• Like 5

I went to Imgur after PB began their nonsense.  Been happy with it. From my phone it's much easier than PB because I don't have to upload to their website before posting.  

Edited by 10-Ring

5 hours ago, DaveTN said:

In the lower right hand corner select “INSERT OTHER MEDIA” and then select “Insert image from URL”

(Shown Below)

oDL5aw6.jpg

Tip: you don't need to do that extra step, just paste the image URL directly into the post where you want it to appear.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 9:44 AM, DaveTN said:

It seems people are having trouble posting pictures since Photobucket committed suicide. IMGUR is free and appears to work fine for me.

So I thought I would share a quick “How to” on posting images in a post or starting a thread.

Double click on the image you want to post. You will see a bunch of choices down the right side with buttons. Click the “COPY” button next to “DIRECT LINK”. The address is now copied to the memory of your computer. (Shown Below)

KvbnOXQ.jpg

Now you can either start a thread or respond to a post, whatever you are doing and type whatever info you want. Then hit the enter key so you will be posting the picture below the next, not next to it.

(Shown Below)

oDL5aw6.jpg

When you do that a box will open up for you to put the address (URL) of your picture in. Click inside the box and paste the address you have stored in memory in to it. The Windows shortcut for paste is Ctrl/V. (While holding down the CTRL key, tap the V key) The address from IMGUR is now pasted into the box.

(Shown Below)

synaDMe.jpg

Then click the “Insert into post button” and you picture will appear.

(Shown Below)

S7X5oKT.jpg

Here’s another tip about pictures….

When you quote a post with a bunch of pictures in it, we don’t really need to see them all again so you can post “Cool”. If you want to quote what the person said without all the pictures being reposted; just click on them and hit the delete key. It will remove the pictures, leave the text.  :cheers:

I will "try" that. Life is becoming to "Techie" for an 80 yr old. :-)

EDIT: I tried to post a picture here as a test, procedure did not work for me. Prbably something I didn't do?  Nothing changed in the box (URL ADDRESS BOX) when I tried to "Paste" address from computer using CTRL and V keys. Also, tried using the "Paste" under "Edit" on my computer.  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
Add Information that Procedure did Not Work for Me?

I see now I did not understand the first step (Click the COPY next to DIRECT LINK). 

I was in my computer files looking at an Image and right clicked that image. Then clicked COPY. There is not a Direct Link line.

Apparently the  image you are clicking is in some other web site IMGUR as you mentioned IMGUR in opening statement.

How do you use IMGUR?  Send all your pictures there first?  

Edited by PAULSHOOT