Anyone actually see a Sig P365 yet?

Whisper

Yeah, I know, all the gun blogs are claiming that the Sig P365 is the greatest handgun in the history of the universe, no one will ever again buy a Shield or a Glock 43, etc.  Two shooters of my acquaintance have already said they are selling their Shields because of the magnificence of the P365.

Neither has ever seen or handled one.

Corporate news releases and reviews by gun writers are fine, but not authoritative.  I'm interested, but I'd like to see one myself before deciding if I want to buy it.

So, has anyone here actually seen one?  Any stores in Middle TN stocking them?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Thanks,

Whisper

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shot one last week at SHOT. Great trigger and overall feel.  it seemed to have a little more recoil than the Shield but I have a lot of trigger time on the shield. I will not be getting rid of my shield to get one but if I were in the market for a subcompact carry gun, it would be at the top of my list with the shield. 

6 hours ago, Ahitchc4 said:

FYI- You can preorder them for $499 on Brownells. 

There are several dealers who are pricing them at $499, but none of them have any in stock.  When you don't have any inventory you can price it as cheaply as you want.

Cheers,

Whisper

I could be wrong, but I'm going to venture a guess that the striker spring or recoil spring may have to be upgraded to a slightly heavier weight. That's a common issue when you get a pistol with a wonderful light trigger & easy to rack slide. Sometimes it sacrifices a certain amount of reliability (light strikes or not going into battery). It's a balance of give & take. Either way, it's an intriguing pistol & I hope they work out the bugs quickly.

Sig has halted production on these.

Update from Phil Strader: 
“Again, thanks for everyone’s input and feedback with regards to the P365. There have been isolated incidents of the pistol’s failure to return to battery. Although this can possibly be traced back to a grip issue (whether unlocked wrists or high thumbs), we do not want even rare instances of issues to make our customers lose confidence in the P365. Therefore, we are tweaking the gun to improve RTB conditions. This will help to allow every 365 user to experience what so many have already expressed online in very positive reviews. We are making these adjustments now and will resume shipping very shortly. Thanks again for everyone’s patience.”