Armys new Sig pistols are pure "JUNK"!

akdude1

So both Army guns will fire if dropped, both guns are only 95% and 90% reliable with HP's and only 70% and 60% with ball ammo!

The drop fix which Sig did to all MHS pistols before recalling the P320's actually cause the trigger mechanisms to crack in military guns!

The gun ejects live ammo with spent ammo! I have never heard of this and don't see how since when empty is ejected the Slide after going forward goes back again to eject live round? Need more info on this since a live round needs to have Slide cycled to eject it!

Well i wont get a P320 since it seems the drop safe fixes don't work in long run and cause other issues, i wonder if this might be the end of Sigs P320 line?

http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/18047/armys-new-pistols-often-eject-live-rounds-and-dont-work-well-with-regular-bullets?source=dam

So both Army guns will fire if dropped, both guns are only 95% and 90% reliable with HP's and only 70% and 60% with ball ammo!

The drop fix which Sig did to all MHS pistols before recalling the P320's actually cause the trigger mechanisms to crack in military guns!

The gun ejects live ammo with spent ammo! I have never heard of this and don't see how since when empty is ejected the Slide after going forward goes back again to eject live round? Need more info on this since a live round needs to have Slide cycled to eject it!

Well i wont get a P320 since it seems the drop safe fixes don't work in long run and cause other issues, i wonder if this might be the end of Sigs P320 line?

http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/18047/armys-new-pistols-often-eject-live-rounds-and-dont-work-well-with-regular-bullets?source=dam
I can't speak to what issues the military has with the P320. I can speak to the 2 P320s I own. Both have been upgraded via the volunteer upgrade program.

Combined, I have fired nearly 5,000 rounds. Never an issue and I have used the full size in USPSA competition. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones but I am a P320 fan until I personally have issues. None so far.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I'm getting tired of these threads...

Why? The truth hurts and if a Company sells Junk people should know! I do feel bad about the Army use of these Junkers, but Sig is offering to sell 5K of the military Clones later in yr. Will not have the military parts in trigger mechanism or have the special coatings inside!   Price about $2K!

I’d like to hear what the soldiers that are using them have to say.

I think the choice was more about politics and less about the gun; but it is what it is. Good or bad I doubt anything will be done about it until contract renewal time.

I'm sure SIG will do whatever they can to fix the problems; if there are any.

Edited by DaveTN
Can't spell
55 minutes ago, akdude1 said:

Why? The truth hurts and if a Company sells Junk people should know! I do feel bad about the Army use of these Junkers, but Sig is offering to sell 5K of the military Clones later in yr. Will not have the military parts in trigger mechanism or have the special coatings inside!   Price about $2K!

Do you own one of these? Have you ever shot one? I won’t fault someone from trying to educate but you have yet to present a first hand account of issues YOU have experienced. 

Let’s stick to what we know not what we’ve “heard” from someone else who likely has never touched one of these pistols. 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

Do you own one of these? Have you ever shot one? I won’t fault someone from trying to educate but you have yet to present a first hand account of issues YOU have experienced. 

Let’s stick to what we know not what we’ve “heard” from someone else who likely has never touched one of these pistols. 

OMG! The Army tried these "Junkers"! That should count, but maybe not for U!

10 minutes ago, bigun said:

NO. NO. NO. The worst gun ever is the one I don't have.

NO! NO! NO! The worst guns ever are the ones David has. 'Cause I don't have them.:devil:

I've never fired a 320, so I can't say anything good or bad about them. I have a couple of friends who have them and swear by them. One is a gunsmith and Sig armorer. The 320 does feel pretty good in the hand, but so far they just don't appeal to me. And I guess that's literally the only thing I know about them, come to think of it.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

I hate every gun I have ever shot.......when I run out of ammo... :biglol:

For those I have not, best I can do is give an opinion on its look or refer to a review I have read. 

It's collusion that's what it is!

Really? The article linked is poorly written by a Glock fanboy using press releases, etc. Many of the photos appear to be staged, some look like the people have never shot a handgun before.

Aside from the Glock vs Sig nonsense. I'm sure that any issues will be worked out. The military has worked through problems many times in the past.

Move on nothing to see here..... This is worse than watching the news lately. 

That said I think that FortyFive (ironic that is) has a point about 10mm 1911's but only of they are rated to shoot the full house Norma type loads. Springfield vs Dan Wesson anybody?

• Like 1