Armys new Sig pistols are pure "JUNK"!

akdude1

I never quite understood why the 1911a1 was taken from military service. Does anyone have hard, objective data on this?

Understand, I once had a chance to check out Janes' smalll arms volume, and one thing that stuck in my head was the line to the effect,"Overall, the 1911 series of semiautomatic pistol may be regarded as one of the finest combat pistols in the world."

• Like 1
22 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

I never quite understood why the 1911a1 was taken from military service. Does anyone have hard, objective data on this?

Understand, I once had a chance to check out Janes' smalll arms volume, and one thing that stuck in my head was the line to the effect,"Overall, the 1911 series of semiautomatic pistol may be regarded as one of the finest combat pistols in the world."

What I remember is they were worn out and could no longer be maintained, and for logistics we made the move to 9mm so we matched the rest of NATO.

By the way the M9 had it's share of issues, and so did the 1911. The military seems to be good at breaking things. 

Oh yea, it's their JOB and they're GOOD at it!

The only reason I bought the danged pistol was because the Army adopted it. They had good luck with the 1911 and the Berretta. I have the sub compact. It seems to be a well built pistol, I would like a pinky extension on the magazine. Plus the 12 round magazine will only hold 11 rounds. It hasn't blown up yet.

1 hour ago, Will Carry said:

The only reason I bought the danged pistol was because the Army adopted it.

Me too really, but turns out I really like it.

...I have the sub compact. It seems to be a well built pistol, I would like a pinky extension on the magazine.

Surprisingly nobody seems to make just a plain pinky for it yet, but you can use a compact mag in it with this baby, just a little longer (if at all) than a pinky alone plus gives you 3 more rounds:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Grip-Adapter-Use-Sig-Sauer-P320-250C-Compact-Magazine-in-P250-320SC-Sub-9mm-40-/351633255327

Plus the 12 round magazine will only hold 11 rounds. It hasn't blown up yet.

Uplula is your friend here, at least for a while. Last round of full size 17 rounder was same, finally loosened up so can do it with just fingers, but just barely.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

Dunno. I have seen several articles around the web reporting on this. I have read just a little bit, but not everything. I still can't say that I really know anything at all about the 320. Maybe the Army should've went with the Jennings. :stare:

• Haha 1

I hope they reopen the process. The M&P was kicked because it was the only American Made gun in the process, and the President didn’t want that.

The President we have now goes by “Hire American, Buy American, America First”

So Glock, Beretta, and Sig can show up for the competition but they won’t beat out the S&W/GenDyn M&P if judged on performance, and if it’s picked on politics they don't need to bother with showing up.

:usa:

:rofl:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Sounds like maybe the OP authored the article, same wildly inflammatory language and unwillingness to produce any sort of independently verifiable data.  

Teething pains are normal with the first mass produced anything. The M9 wasn't flawless at first, and neither was the 1911. 

• Like 2

Seems to me that this is all rumor and hearsay. Everyone here that has a P320 is pretty happy. Every article linked is written to make a point about how bad the military guns are... 

I wish S&W had won the contract just for patriotic reasons, but the Sig is made in the USA, and they employ a lot of people here for all firearms production. 

Id feel more outraged if real solders were telling this stuff. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Seems to me that this is all rumor and hearsay....

Seems to me it's all the same "innuendo story", just parroted and tweaked by different sites.

Beretta 92 got much the same crap early on, when something like just 2 or 3 guns had the slide come off after many thousands of rounds out of all the thousands of guns. Which Beretta remedied.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

AAAE0iF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Funny this is, but think about how many pistols and revolvers were carried for the better part of a century that had NO drop safeties.

I think that all those great torture test videos have made the thought of dropping your pistol acceptable. Of course it's not.... that patch could have a 1911, a Ruger Blackhawk, a Luger, and many more pistols on it.

Doing stupid things with loaded guns can kill someone. I learned that when I was 4 or 5. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

I’m not much on colored guns but this caught my eye....also I was not aware it came in .45 !

1A8D5487-0188-4EEA-8016-F69B5EA5FBD9.jpeg

Looks pretty good, I must admit.

Like you, I wasn't to fond of the different colors until I got my PPQ in Black/Titanium...it's awesome. That led to an FDE Canik TP9, and now an FDE Smith M2 5" 9mm.

Colors can be addictive. 

• Like 1