Nashville council may probe whether mayor's affair was 'on taxpayers' dime'

• Authorized Vendor

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/01/nashville-council-may-probe-whether-mayors-affair-was-on-taxpayers-dime.html

The Nashville city council's budget chairwoman is reviewing her options to probe Democratic Mayor Megan Barry’s possible misuse of taxpayer funds during her extramarital affair.

Councilwoman Tanaka Vercher, who heads the budget and finance committee, has asked the council’s lawyer to determine her authority to investigate Barry’s expenses during her tryst with with her former security chief, the Tennessean reported.

Barry racked up more than $33,000 in travel expenses combined between her and the security officer, Sgt. Robert Forrest, from January to late October 2017, and has said all of the trips were business-related.

According to a review by the Tennessean, Forrest accumulated more than $7,000 in overtime working on trips attended by Barry and others.

And in 2017, Forrest and Barry went on nine trips together – including one excursion to Greece -- that they said were "business related."

To Greece? Really? Read more.

Why should we have to pay for another dang investigation? She admitted to b affair with a subordinate. She needs to go now. It is not about party or position it is morals and ethics. She has proven she has neither by breaking her vows. 

No need to spend another dime on proving she did anything after she admitted the affair. Proving anything else will not recover the money just waste more. 

• Like 6

Why is her continuing as mayor even a question. I could care less if she resigns. There are other methods of removing a Mayor. D or R or I or whatever this is the first step to getting our country back. 

We can no longer allow this. If they admit to it and beg forgiveness that is great. Whatever diety they worship can grant forgiveness but they are done serving. Now, get out!

I am passionate about getting our country back and am tired of seeing elected officials do things that are unethical and immoral and get away with it. Most use to lay on the "Rehab" solution. Vacation for 60 to 90 days hope people forget and move on. No longer is that acceptable. 

If the people of Nashville do not scream for her head by sundown they have given up and deserve the weight of the wool the sheep wear.

• Like 5

I could care less if she steps down or not, if she abused public funds, make her pay it back and be done with it, if they deem it worth getting rid of her then start proceedings.  The infidelity is between her and her husband, not the public, just like ole Bill C, if he would of come out and told the truth then I would be Ok with it too.  Too much, IMHO, is made of all this sexual crap, it's human nature to want sex, and as long as two willing adults want to, well so be it.

30 minutes ago, Omega said:

I could care less if she steps down or not, if she abused public funds, make her pay it back and be done with it, if they deem it worth getting rid of her then start proceedings.  The infidelity is between her and her husband, not the public, just like ole Bill C, if he would of come out and told the truth then I would be Ok with it too.  Too much, IMHO, is made of all this sexual crap, it's human nature to want sex, and as long as two willing adults want to, well so be it.

If her husband can't trust her, why the hell should Nashville? Misusing public funds is illegal.

• Like 9
15 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I read in some article that he had been paid 119,000 in overtime since 2015.  I highly doubt that he would have been given that much overtime if she wasn't banging him.

Tacky line of the day...When looking at her face and butt...I actually wonder if the 119,000 was enough. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Remember...

Ya get the government ya deserve... The inner city dwellers of Nashville could care less if this less than stunning specimen of womanhood is a bit rambunctious and forgetful of her (...and others..) marriage vows... Lotsa them got the problem too... Just when i think the political class cant get any worse or trashier, it does... Bill Clinton says that "performance", not "character" is the only measure of public service... Welcome to Post-Modern Tennessee...

leroy...

• Like 3

Misuse of funds with some fraudulent documentation.

Outrageous, yes;  prosecute to the fullest extent, yes; hold to a higher standard considering the trust factor that comes with the job, yes.

The extra marital affair is a non issue in this moral land of ours.

The spouse acquiesces while it's happening because of the benefits of high office. 

Strange basis for a relationship.

I heard her say that she hadn’t done anything illegal and was staying in office. So I assume elected officials in METRO don’t have a morals clause. If they could fire her they would….if they have fired every man that had an affair. It will be up to the votes in the next election; I don’t see her being reelected.

Edited by DaveTN
2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I wonder if any of the reporters have the stones to ask her if her son found out about the affair and thats why he O.D.  Distasteful I know but it did cross my mind.  

My wife said this last night. I really hope that wasn't the case.