Luke E.

Lab radar or Magnetospeed

I’m thinking about buying one of these 2 and curious if any of you guys have experience with them. Is the Lab radar worth the extra money?

I like that you can shoot for groups and record velocity at the same time with the Lab Radar since it’s not hanging from the barrel. 

I’ve looked call over for a used one but it looks like folks hold onto them once they buy one. 

Had both. Have a lab radar now. Prefer the lab radar, but they both work. Strapping anything to your barrel will affect it, but if you just want velocity, the magnetospeed is fine.

I think I’d much rather be able to pull my speed reading while shooting  groups. Would be cheaper and quicker load development. Have you had any issues with it at all?

I wish I had bought one back in November when they were like $100 off. 

One thing the Lab Radar can do that no other chronograph can do is determine the TRUE ballistic coefficient of any bullet. It can tell you exactly what it is where you are shooting. Weather and elevation changes how a bullet flies. The same bullet fired here in east Tennessee will act completely differently if fired in a drier climate or at a higher elevation. If you only measure velocity you are only getting part of the ballistic picture.

The Lab Radar was used to determine the ballistic coefficient of a bullet I designed, can't do that with any other chronograph.

And I like the idea of having something that does record/offer more than just speed reading. I guess I just wasn’t sure if people that bought them actually utilized those functions or if they ended up just using them like any other Chrono. I think I’ll go with the LabRadar but I may give it a lil more time to find a used one or they go back on sale. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By xsubsailor
      We just can't win 
      Weak sales and a declining gun market increased the price of ammunition in recent months, and companies are gearing up for another price increase this spring, Bloomberg News reports.
      After record sales in 2016, the gun industry is seeing declining purchases, and that downturn is steadily driving up the cost for ammunition.
      “Shooting Sports recorded third-quarter sales of $286 million, down 21 percent from $361 million in the prior year quarter, as a result of persistent lower demand in the market for ammunition and firearms,” Vista Outdoor Inc CEO Chris Metz said during an earnings call Thursday.
      Vista, which owns dozens of ammunition brands, saw profits decline 47 percent in 2017. The company raised ammunition prices once in January and plans to raise prices modestly in April. It expects competitors to do the same.
      Other companies have noticed declining sales, and Remington Outdoor Co., one of America’s oldest gunsmiths, filed for bankruptcy protection Monday in the midst of the slump.
      “There is no fear-based buying right now,” James Debney, CEO of American Outdoor Brands Corp., formerly Smith & Wesson, said on a December call with investors. Between 2006 and 2016, gun sales reached several record highs, if one measures sales through the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/16/ammo-prices-are-going-up-heres-why/
    • By pop pop
      the-armory.com      Has Corbon DPX on sale for 19.99 + Shipping. Just purchased 8 boxes of 115 gr 9MM + P DPX.
      Good price guys. 
    • By DaveTN
      When it comes to ammo; I’m a Federal fan boy. It’s always done me right. I just picked up a .243 Winchester Model 70 and need some ammo. I’ve used plenty of Power Shok in my .308, but have never used any Non-Typical.
      I don’t hunt; this will be a range toy punching holes in paper. In reading some of the other web sites folks are saying it’s just Power Shok in a different package. Some even claim to have emails from Federal telling them that.
      The on-line prices I’m looking at are $4 a box less for Non-Typical. (14.99 vs. 18.99) Anyone here have any experience with it they would care to share?

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines