Grayfox54

ad closed Two Savage Pistols 1907 & 1917

Well there don't seem to be anyone interested. Besides, I found a like new barrel for the 1907. So I guess I'll just keep 'em.

SALE WITHDRAWN

Looking for local FTF sale in Memphis area. No shipping. Buyer must be legally able to purchase a handgun in Tennessee and must fill out a bill of sale. I might be willing to trade, but not looking for anything specific. What ya got?

Savage Model 1907 Modification 2. Caliber .32acp. This is a late production pistol made 1919-20 with the scarce spur cocking piece. Overall finish is good with some notable loss around the muzzle. Bore is frosty, but serviceable. Comes with 2 original magazines. $400

DGloltJ.jpg

MnqoXJM.jpg

Savage Model 1917 Modification 1. Made in 1920. Caliber is .380 auto. The gun is in excellent condition with only minor finish wear on the left side of the front of slide. Bore is excellent. Comes with 2 original magazines and 2 aftermarket magazines. $550

BVnmCxr.jpg

I82X3X5.jpg

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 4

The Savage pistols are under-appreciated.  Compact, striker-fired, and reliable with the first detachable double column handgun magazine.

Many notable people owned them, including Buffalo Bill Cody and Bat Masterson.  

Very pretty examples here!  Decent prices, too.

Kids today just don't appreciate the classics.:D

I happen to have a copy of each of these, and they are great fun to shoot, as well as examples of the quality manufacturing our country was once known for.

"Ten Shots Quick" was Arthur Savage's advertising slogan for his semi auto pocket pistols.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mcordell
      What I have here is a factory built Savage MSR15 Recon ..... I swapped the upper receiver (just the upper receiver itself) to a brand new Vltor MUR-1A (Forward Assist) primarily because I had a new one laying around and figured it might add to the accuracy of the rifle as it's more rigid.... The rifle has roughly 100-200rds on it and shoots excellent! 
      https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/msr15recon
      Specs:
      Custom forged lower receiver for unique look
      Melonite QPQ 16 1/8-inch barrel with 5R rifling
      223 Wylde target chamber for use with 223 Rem. or 5.56x45mm
      BLACKHAWK! trigger with Nickel Boron treatment
      Mid-length gas system
      Free-float M-LOK® handguard
      BLACKHAWK! KNOXX® AR Pistol Grip and AXIOM™ Carbine Stock
      BLACKHAWK! flip-up sight
      It will include the FDE MLOK Panels (Deadair flash hider/Mlok VFG not included)
      Price: $700 Shipped/Insured CONUS or $680 FTF in Cleveland .... Price is firm....The base recon is $799-$899
      Payment: Paypal as a gift or add fees or cash FTF
      Shipping: I can ship directly to TN residents no FFL involved with a copy of your DL
      Trade Value: $850
      Glock 19x
      Sig Legion P226 SAO
      Vortex Razor 1-6
      IWI Tavor/X95 in 300blk 
      Nightforce 2.5-10
      DD MK18 Upper
      Aimpoint T2
      KAC CQB 11.5 MLOK Upper
      PS90
      FN Five Seven MK2

What it COULD look like ;-)

• By mcordell
      Athlon Cronus 1-6 FFP in MRAD
      https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-cronus-1-6x24-tsr16-mil-ffp-ir/
      Optic mostly has just sat on a safe queen.... Has excellent glass and a sweet reticle.... This is a true 1x and has a nice flat image down low 
      I need a little more magnification for my setup 
      Price: $699 Shipped/Insured CONUS or $680 FTF in Cleveland 
      These were $1299+ new 
      Payment: PayPal as a gift or add fees 
      Trades: (cash + or -)
      Nightforce 2.5-10
      Vortex PST Gen II 2-10
      Vortex Razor Gen II 3-18 or 4.5-27
      Nightforce 4-16 F1
      Glock 19x
      Aimpoint T2
      Trijicon MRO (89k+ serial)
      Aimpoint Comp M4s
      Trijicon ACOG TA31
      P226 Legion SAO
      HK USP-T 9mm
      DD MK18 Upper
      Bushnell DMR2
      5.56 Ball Ammo
      9mm Ball Ammo
      6.5CM Ammo
      Keltec Sub 2000 Gen II Glock Variant
      Keltec PMR30
      FN PS90
      FN Five Seven MK2

• By bruiser09
      Sig P220 Elite Stainless 45ACP
      Hogue Piranha G10 Grips ($100)
      Viridian X5 Green Laser ($200)
      Comes with 2 OEM mags and one black ProMag.
      The gun alone is worth $900.
      I’ll throw in the grips and laser for free to speed the sale.
      $900 for everything. Includes original box from Sig.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines