I'd like to trade both of these pistols for a good AR-15, 16" barrel flat top receiver. Factory built rifles only. No home builds. I value the pair of pistols at $1000. 

Looking for local FTF  deal in Memphis area. No shipping. Buyer must be legally able to purchase a handgun in Tennessee and must fill out a bill of sale. 

Savage Model 1907 Modification 2. Caliber .32acp. This is a late production pistol made 1919-20 with the scarce spur cocking piece. Overall finish is good with some notable loss around the muzzle. Bore is excellent. Comes with 1 original magazines. 

Savage Model 1917 Modification 1. Made in 1920. Caliber is .380 auto. The gun is in excellent condition with only minor finish wear on the left side of the front of slide. Bore is excellent. Comes with 2 original magazines and 2 aftermarket magazines. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 4

The Savage pistols are under-appreciated.  Compact, striker-fired, and reliable with the first detachable double column handgun magazine.

Many notable people owned them, including Buffalo Bill Cody and Bat Masterson.  

Very pretty examples here!  Decent prices, too.

Kids today just don't appreciate the classics.:D

I happen to have a copy of each of these, and they are great fun to shoot, as well as examples of the quality manufacturing our country was once known for.

"Ten Shots Quick" was Arthur Savage's advertising slogan for his semi auto pocket pistols.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By n0rlf
      One more, 16" Stainless, .223 Wyle 1:8, 15" Keymod handguard, Anderson lower and LPK, Stainless Birdcage Flash hider, Magpul CTR stock.
      This is a great all around carbine I was going to use for SHTF reasons but I woulnd up with another matched set in 300 and 223. 
      $550 OBO

• By n0rlf
      I have upgraded some of my AR10 stuff so some of my others are for sale. I now have a matched set of 308/6.5 Creedmoor/.243 so here is a 16" 1/10 twist. carbine PSA rifle in .308. Stainless barrel, usual 6 position stock, 1 mag. Pictured scope not included!  less than 100 rounds fired. Works fine just upgraded to a matched set. I will be listing the others seperately.

• By n0rlf
      Here is a matched set! both are 16", BCA Side Charging upper, Anderson lower and LPK, Adaptive Tactical collapsible stock, 12" Mlok handguards, Birdcage flash hiders.
      I would like to see these go as a set with the Plano case pictured and one mag each. NO Optics. both ar 1:8 twist with the 223 Wyldes being 5R. 5 rounds through each as function testing only.
      $1300 as the set or $700 individually. We like to call them "Des" and "Troy" which will only make sense if yoou have seen "Thor, Ragnarok".  Yeah I know, cheezy but it gets a chuckle.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines