Has anyone scoped their K31?

I've been thinking about putting a scope on my K31 for years, because I believe that my eyesight is the limiting factor as to the accuracy of the rifle. After doing some Googling, I've found 3 different ones. https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/aluminum-k31-clamp-on-mount-sku100000725-1666-6109.aspxThis one was the original one that I was going to get, but I didn't know if the mount being offset to the right of the line of sights would be a nuisance or not. I've read that the amount of windage that would change is almost negligible, but it might get annoying always trying to adjust for it.

Then I found these 2 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJD59NQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2VPS98XFQ6FU0&colid=N0K6KLP2TKLY&psc=0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NFCR7Z/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IXKY62MEU75GQ&colid=N0K6KLP2TKLY&psc=0

One is a "scout mount" which I kind of like because it would be completely out of the way of loading/working the action. But I'd also have to buy a scout scope with a longer eye relief. Which may or may not be a good thing. I haven't had any real experience with them, and they seem to be maxed out around 7x, which I'm not sure if that'll be enough zoom or not.

The full length version on Amazon, is double the price. Also, not sure how solid it would be since it's attached to the rear sight base, and extends all the way back. Plus is looks like they tried to make it to where it would be out of the way of loading and manipulating the rifle as best they could, but I can see how it could still be in the way more than I'd want.

So does anybody have any experience with these (or other mounts) I really don't want to have to drill and tap my gun.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

You know, while I understand the desire to appreciate a fine military instrument for its original use and design, there is something to be said for the bubbas. They took that weapon designed for military use and adapted it to suit their normal “sporting” purposes and made it normal and unremarkable. Kinda like all the folks that shoot competitions and hunt with ARs and the other scary black rifles. So do your thing, Bubba! :cheers:

I have the BadAce Scout mount on my K31.  It took about five minutes to mount and it is quite secure.  My brother is using the same mount on his and we have had nothing but good results.  You will want a cheek riser, but there are plenty of them around.

Cheers,

Whisper