Looking for a metal shop

RC3

• Moderators

They make them. I owned a Subaru dealership with my Ford dealership a few years ago. We had a few sources for Subaru accessories. Used to be a group called Off Road Subarus or Subarus Off Road etc. Had customers who had some tricked out Subarus.

I would check with that group, Subaru dealership or a truck accessories shop. b9bf40644acd26fef0b84a9c642839cb.jpg

2 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Look for a 4x4 fab shop or some form of race shop, any of those places most likely would have a tubing bender and notcher to make roll cages.

Ill go check out the one in columbia then. This didnt even hit me.

Until you said winch, I was going to suggest looking at the one Rally Innovations makes for the new WRX to mount lights and see if you could mod it to work.  It's like a smaller brush guard but not heavy duty.  I've "threatened" to put HD bumpers om my wife's Outback if she can't dodge obstacles better.

Don't know anything about this place, but Gorilla Offroad has this on their site. Says you can mount a winch to it.  Lp Adentures out of Canada sells some too that are bigger.  They have US distributors on their site.

offroadbar-xvcrosstrek_grande.jpg?v=1482

Edited by Shorty
More info
1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Don't know anything about this place, but Gorilla Offroad has this on their site. Says you can mount a winch to it.  Lp Adentures out of Canada sells some too that are bigger.  They have US distributors on their site.

offroadbar-xvcrosstrek_grande.jpg?v=1482

They are sold out and have no plans on making new ones. Thats the exact one I want. Specially since you can mount a winch on it. Its great that it bolts right to the sub frame in six spots. I dont like their bumper guard, but I am going to get their lift kit. Just gotta finish paying off my snap on account.

Edited by RC3

I have a plasma cutter, MIG, TIG and the space to do it. I kinda, sorta know how to weld too. Not saying I could fabricate it but you are more than welcome to use my stuff if you want to try. I could do the finish welds for you though. I do not have a tubing bender but do have a tubing roller.

If all you want is a winch mounted it should not be too hard but making it look pretty might be a challenge though.

3 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

I have a plasma cutter, MIG, TIG and the space to do it. I kinda, sorta know how to weld too. Not saying I could fabricate it but you are more than welcome to use my stuff if you want to try. I could do the finish welds for you though. I do not have a tubing bender but do have a tubing roller.

If all you want is a winch mounted it should not be too hard but making it look pretty might be a challenge though.

I have everything at work, but the mechanic is always busy. And hes being an ass when it comes to the stuff i want to do. 

Not sure where you are located but I'm in the Columbia/Spring Hill area. I have the cutting and welding capability but don't have a bender. If you come up with the parts we can work something out to get it welded up. If you are south of me look into Richmond LLC in Pulaski, they are my metal supplier but also have a full service fab shop and powder coat booth.