Shooting distance for qualifying for Tn hand gun permit

owejia

I took my test with my first Bersa Thunder but only after I have run about 1000 rounds down range with it and adjusted it to shoot the way I wanted it to shoot. I felt totally confortable when I stepped into the range. I did kind of feel sorry for Chad and that old man but I'm guessing the old man could shoot pretty good by the tme Chad got done with him........:cheers: 

I just completed mine six days ago. I guess I did ok considering I hadn't shot in 12 years and it was with a new S&W SD9VE (first semi-automatic I've ever owned or shot). I think I will get better with more range time.5db7fb889cf3f7a1f2930e0a2839041f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
I just completed mine six days ago. I guess I did ok considering I hadn't shot in 12 years and it was with a new S&W SD9VE (first semi-automatic I've ever owned or shot). I think I will get better with more range time.5db7fb889cf3f7a1f2930e0a2839041f.jpg

Congratulations. Good shooting. Not bad at all.
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, MRSpivey said:

Great, looks like 100% to me. You will surely get better. Dry fire if you can, cheapest practice there is. Congratulations. 

• Like 1
Congratulations. Good shooting. Not bad at all.

Great, looks like 100% to me. You will surely get better. Dry fire if you can, cheapest practice there is. Congratulations. 

Thank you. I honestly didn't aim (just point-n-shoot) and I really didn't take my time (with about one to two seconds between shots) like I should have. I need to sight it in (new Wilson Fire Sights I believe) and practice with it. It's quite different than my trusty 6" Colt Python.

• Moderators

Thank you. I honestly didn't aim (just point-n-shoot) and I really didn't take my time (with about one to two seconds between shots) like I should have. I need to sight it in (new Wilson Fire Sights I believe) and practice with it. It's quite different than my trusty 6" Colt Python.

I hope you still have that Colt Python! I was taught many many years ago practice practice practice , when you think you have it, practice some more. And with both of my grandad's that wasn't just for guns. LOL
  • Like 2
I hope you still have that Colt Python! I was taught many many years ago practice practice practice , when you think you have it, practice some more. And with both of my grandad's that wasn't just for guns. LOL

Sadly, no. Roughly 18 years ago a divorce happened and I had to liquidate to stay afloat while the now ex had everything tied up. She even threw out the box I had for it with the original grips, back sight, and receipt from when I bought it new in 1980. I'm just now getting to the point that I'm financially stable enough to get a few guns to have around for home/self defense (and modifying them to my liking). I miss my Python! It was a very fine revolver in perfect condition.

• Sad 1
Yes, but some divorces are like that. I've been around a few of them. It is awful.

Yeah... She made it ugly (or at least her lawyer did) and for life of me I couldn't understand why because she's the one who was having an affair and wanted out. But that's history and I'm super blessed with a good wife now (13 years and counting)!

• Like 2