Silencer Co Maxim 9 issues

zybysco

My Maxim 9 is back at Silencer Co for its third time. They've paid for shipping each and every time. However, they've yet to fix the firearm any time. 

The firearm has repeated light strikes. They even asked me what ammo I was using. That consisted of Fiocchi, PMC, and Sellior and Bellot I believe. They said they had that same ammo on hand and would test it. 

Every time the firearm comes back, it works for 50 rounds,  then it starts having issues about 30% of the time. I don't know if it's the heat, dirt, or something else. Whenever I ask what they tested with, they tell me they used something else other than what we discussed. 

The customer service is generally poor. None of the emails through the first two trips back were even signed. I never knew if I was talking to one person or a group of people. I complained and got in co tact with someone higher up. I finally got a name. 

They've had it since the 24th of January this time. I sent an email on the 12th of February to get an update and no response. It's pretty sad.  I'm pretty unhappy at the moment.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having any new non reliable firearm sucks, it has to suck worse at your price point with all the extra hurdles for a suppressor.

Free shipping will not repair the ding to their reputation nor make me run out and buy one at half price or less.

Hope they get it right and you end up with what you paid for!

22 hours ago, Schadenfreude said:

Is that striker fired is the striker channel clean & dry, no oil, if so?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think they like to oil it from the factory. It hasn't come back dry yet. However, wet or dry, it doesn't make a difference. 

When it light strikes, it barely light strikes. I can't tell a difference with the naked eye between a fired case and a light strike.  Most of the rounds fire on the second strike, but I've had a few that took three to ignite.

I also forgot to mention that one has to adjust the rear sight as far to the right as possible to get POI and POA to be close.