A spiritual win this week

A.J. Holst

I don't think it's a secret that I partake in the opium of the masses, my particular addiction being Christianity.

It is from that perspective I share my story.

God created us to do stuff and be active 

He commands us to do that stuff and those activities to the best of our abilities and with a cheerful heart.

Sometimes that stuff and those activities aren't fun or easy. But as obedient servants we should still follow God's commands to be faithful with the opportunities we have.

Professionally, you may not have the drive, desire, or passion to do your best, give your best or be your best.

And that's where I was Monday.

Got to go to work, don't want to.

Got to see clients, don't want to.

You get paid, get out the door and remember God's command, be faithful with your current opportunity.

Choose not to do it, the job I'm paid for that is, how is that any different from stealing?

As I'm driving to my first appointment, I hear a preacher on Joy620 on your AM dial, talking about, "when Satan comes to get you"

When we're weary, worn out, torn down, at our weakest, the negative thoughts and idleness set in.  From a Christian perspective, the doubt of God's promises. The whisper of doubt comes from the father of lies (had to use it, it's a nice turn of phrase)

From a non-Christian viewpoint with no concern about a higher power, how much time have you lost with equivalent non productive thoughts?

My lesson, show a deeper love for God through being more faithful with the stuff and activities I must do, despite what I may want to do. 

I also learned by being faithful with the stuff and activities, it reduces those times I could be idle and open to the whispers of Satan.

For non-Christians, a lesson in do the right thing all the time and by being active, there ain't much time wasted nor extra time to get into trouble with non productive activities.

Keep fighting the good fight, do unto others, and keep your eye on the prize!

Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 10
44 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

When we're weary, worn out, torn down, at our weakest, the negative thoughts and idleness set in.  From a Christian perspective, the doubt of God's promises. The whisper of doubt comes from the father of lies (had to use it, it's a nice turn of phrase)

It's a daily struggle.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
I don't think it's a secret that I partake in the opium of the masses, my particular addiction being Christianity.
It is from that perspective I share my story.
God created us to do stuff and be active 
He commands us to do that stuff and those activities to the best of our abilities and with a cheerful heart.
Sometimes that stuff and those activities aren't fun or easy. But as obedient servants we should still follow God's commands to be faithful with the opportunities we have.
Professionally, you may not have the drive, desire, or passion to do your best, give your best or be your best.
And that's where I was Monday.
Got to go to work, don't want to.
Got to see clients, don't want to.
You get paid, get out the door and remember God's command, be faithful with your current opportunity.
Choose not to do it, the job I'm paid for that is, how is that any different from stealing?
As I'm driving to my first appointment, I hear a preacher on Joy620 on your AM dial, talking about, "when Satan comes to get you"
From a non-Christian viewpoint with no concern about a higher power, how much time have you lost with equivalent non productive thoughts?
My lesson, show a deeper love for God through being more faithful with the stuff and activities I must do, despite what I may want to do. 
I also learned by being faithful with the stuff and activities, it reduces those times I could be idle and open to the whispers of Satan.
For non-Christians, a lesson in do the right thing all the time and by being active, there ain't much time wasted nor extra time to get into trouble with non productive activities.
Keep fighting the good fight, do unto others, and keep your eye on the prize!
Well said.
  • Like 2

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters" Colossians 3:23

Easier said than done sometimes (a lot of the time!).  Thanks for being real brother, and for sticking in there and being faithful when it's not easy.  Isn't it strange how a message will often come to you at a time of need?

• Like 3