Henry AR7 MAKE OVER

A friend of mine wanted something a little different in configuration out of his 7 so he wanted a pistol grip and a Glock stock fit to the grip. So, the challenge was made! I had a solid cast AR15 lower laying around and by God, it's just slightly thicker than the 7 receiver so that became the grip adapter. Also, the top of the AR lower was exactly the correct height to mate up with the bottom of the 7 trigger guard. After much measuring and milling, this was the result,

WWIQwkn.jpg

TpIhgIi.jpg

The rough fit looked a bit blocky so a nice scalloped cut was in order, Much better....

NlYeokv.jpg

Now I had to figure a way to make the Glock stock click into an AR grip rock solid and at the proper angle.

tUBLVYg.jpg

I milled a long groove on both inner sides of the grip and fit the wider stock tip insert edges to fit the newly cut grooves.

Also a latching plate needed to be fabed up that could be epoxied into the grip. In this shot you can see the back side of the contoured plate with the plastic stock latching pin sticking up under the welded washer. The welded washers act as locking tabs once the G-Flex epoxy flows all threw them. The latch hole is formed via play dough pressed threw the latch hole before the epoxy is poured into place.

vEOXnz8.jpg

Completed, the stock latches in place snug and rock solid and can be permanently fixed to comply with fed standards. The target is fired at 34' with 2 full mags of Win HV totaling 16 rounds in that group. The 7 weighs in at a near meaningless 2.25 lbs unloaded. What a great shooting little air weight gun!

taMZ2Hu.jpg

CEODeae.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments, And yes, I'm aware of the 23" minimum. A set screw is installed in the front lower portion of the grip that holds the front of the latch pin in place rendering the take down lever inoperable. Once a wrench is needed to bring the gun under 23", that "should" satisfy the requirement altho it could be argued in its original configuration it can be fired safely and effectively without attaching the storage butt stock. Main thing is the owner is happy with the set screw arrangement.