G26 Gen 5 Glock

bersaguy

11 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I have a budy looking at buying one of these. Any pros and cons about the gun would be very appreciated. Thanks Bersaguy

Pros : very few parts , no finger grooves , Glock reliability , rust resistance , it uses its bigger brothers higher capacity mags ( 17,18, 19, and 34)

Cons : just a little wider than other brands, and this is the first year of it having coil springs on the slide STOP and slide LOCK ( they have always used leaf style springs that were very reliable)

Edited by tercel89
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually prefer the G-26 when compared to the G-27 as it's very comfortable to shoot and also more than accurate enough to satiety me. I've owed Gen 3 & 4 versions and if I were buying another today would go with the most current offering. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have you of you guys that has seen a Gen 5 G26 noticed the slide stamping ? It has "Gen.5" on it . I know its a small detail but I wonder why it includes the "." after Gen ? Technically that is correct since its an abbreviation for "Generation" but the other Gen 5's like the 34 , 17  and 19 don't have it. Here's a picture of mine up close.

IMG_2277.png

• Like 1
On 3/7/2018 at 5:34 AM, TNWNGR said:

I actually prefer the G-26 when compared to the G-27 as it's very comfortable to shoot and also more than accurate enough to satiety me. I've owed Gen 3 & 4 versions and if I were buying another today would go with the most current offering. 

Everyone prefers the 9mm to the .40 when it comes to shooting a gun straight and shooting it fast. The more compact the gun is, the more glaring the advantage becomes.

• 2 months later...

Did armorer school recently and it was primarily on Gen 5, though we also went through Gen 3 & 4 (plus I have a Gen2). Personally my next Glock will either be a Gen5 or a self-build from a stripped frame or Poly80 (which would be Gen3).

The only problem I have with the Gen5 slide stop spring is that little bugger can fly. I like the Gen5 slide lock (ambidextrous) and trigger bar connection to the trigger mechanism housing better. Also the Gen5 goes from 3 pins back to two pins, which my transitional Gen2 also has.

The orange Gen5 mag follower is an unexpected bonus... easier to see inside the mag.

Finally very few people mention the Gen5 barrel .. match grade out of the box.

So yeah, I'd go Gen5 unless you have a specific reason to go with a previous generation.