Money bomb for NRA on 3/24

10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

We get it already! You don't like the NRA.

I am a Life Benefactor Member of the NRA. As a member, I voice my criticism when needed. I don't just blindly follow people. If more people would be less apathetic and more critical of the current NRA leadership, we would not be where we are at this point.

In contrast, I know quite a bunch of people that ended their Life membership with the NRA, including Reid Henrichs of Valor Ridge. They just had enough of the current NRA leadership.

Scooter, as Greg said, we get it that you're not all that fond of the NRA, for one reason or another. No need to keep repeating yourself. No one is disagreeing that NRA isn't perfect.

What you need to understand as well, is the fact, that if not for the NRA, we would be in one hell of a fix right now. Apparently, they have done some good to keep the Libs on their case constantly. You don't hear them on these other mentioned organizations case, so apparently they don't wrinkle the Libs feathers as does the NRA.

Personally, I don't agree with all the NRA decisions, but I do realize they are the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion, and you have stated it. Move on please......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, scooter said:

I am a Life Benefactor Member of the NRA. As a member, I voice my criticism when needed. I don't just blindly follow people. If more people would be less apathetic and more critical of the current NRA leadership, we would not be where we are at this point.

In contrast, I know quite a bunch of people that ended their Life membership with the NRA, including Reid Henrichs of Valor Ridge. They just had enough of the current NRA leadership.

We still get it!

The NRA isn't infallible. I agree. It is, however, the best thing going for us as gun owners.

If you can demonstrate you can stop the assault on second amendment rights, I'll start sending you money. Until then, the NRA is getting it.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

The thing about democracy is - and you learn this very quickly in Washington - is that participation matters.  

Theres a reason that Congress passed the omnibus spending bill without debate and then got the heck out of town - because not a one of them wanted to be there yesterday.  Those kids weren’t just protesting Republicans.  They were angry at all of them.  

Regardless, participation matters. And, you better believe Congress was watching.  Heck, Marco Rubio is already touting that he voted to fund the CDC doing research on gun violence (snuck into the omnibus bill.)

I’m increasingly convinced that there has to be another path aside from this zero sum proxy fight in the culture wars that could lead to another civil war.  

But, the opposition is looking increasingly united in a way that they haven’t in a long time. And, politicians respond to united - especially when that group can potentially vote for a lot more years than a bunch of us angry old white guys.  

We’ve got some work ahead of us.  

• Like 5