Money bomb for NRA on 3/24

Reposting from Calguns. I think this is a great idea! Who’s in?

Money Bomb NRA idea for 03/24/18

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=17954&share_tid=1426075&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecalguns%2Enet%2Fcalgunforum%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D1426075&share_type=t

The anti-gunner dweebs are planning their "March for our Lives" on 03/24/18. I saw a Facebook post of someone proposing a money bomb for the NRA on that day for us to fight back. The NRA has 5 million members, if everyone gave just $1 that would still be $5 million in one day. I'm putting myself down for $20. Who's with me? If your principles don't allow you to donate to the NRA, then donate to the GOA or whatever group of your choosing. However I would urge you to think about the fact that, whenever the SHTF, the NRA is the organization that the Left spends all its energy demonizing and smearing. They wouldn't expend all that effort if they didn't fear the crap of the NRA.

Gun owners need to work and have families, we don't have time to march like they do. However, we can click through some money to our pro-gun organizations. What do you guys say? Spread the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

I understand the theory behind doing this on 3/24, but that's over a month away.

It might be more beneficial to do it sooner rather than later...

No, this has to be a signal, the $ amount is inconsequential.  Which sounds better, "NRA collects  5 million $s in the month prior to the anti-gun rally from members to show support" Or "5 million NRA members send money into the NRA the day of the rally to show their suport"  Think there will be more than 5 million at the rally?

• Moderators
No, this has to be a signal, the $ amount is inconsequential.  Which sounds better, "NRA collects  5 million $s in the month prior to the anti-gun rally from members to show support" Or "5 million NRA members send money into the NRA the day of the rally to show their suport"  Think there will be more than 5 million at the rally?

Sure. Fine. Whatever. default_smile.png

However, if before that time the ATF either reinterprets current law or legislation gets spearheaded, you might change your mind on 3/24. Personally, I hope you are right in being that optimistic.

I myself just joined GOA as a lifetime member. It's $500 but can be split up into payments quarterly. It was only $50 tonight. I'll get around to paying the rest over the next few months. It's easy to do and probably took me about five minutes.

http://gunowners.co/life-membership

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Sure. Fine. Whatever. default_smile.png

However, if before that time the ATF either reinterprets current law or legislation gets spearheaded, you might change your mind on 3/24. Personally, I hope you are right in being that optimistic.

I myself just joined GOA as a lifetime member. It's $500 but can be split up into payments quarterly. It was only $50 tonight. I'll get around to paying the rest over the next few months. It's easy to do and probably took me about five minutes.

http://gunowners.co/life-membership

Look, GOA is a good organization, and I do think they may be support the 2A more than the NRA but the NRA is the 500lb gorilla in the political arena, it's just that their more Grape Ape than King Kong many times.  The NRA, GOA, or any other pro 2A organization can't stop the ATF from doing anything in the next 30, 60 or even 90 days, it's up to us gun owners to comment when they open it up for comments, as they must before enacting.   Just as they backed off the green tip ammo, they will have to take us into consideration if we come together and fight as one.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Look, GOA is a good organization, and I do think they may be support the 2A more than the NRA but the NRA is the 500lb gorilla in the political arena, it's just that their more Grape Ape than King Kong many times.  The NRA, GOA, or any other pro 2A organization can't stop the ATF from doing anything in the next 30, 60 or even 90 days, it's up to us gun owners to comment when they open it up for comments, as they must before enacting.   Just as they backed off the green tip ammo, they will have to take us into consideration if we come together and fight as one.

Perhaps. But regarding bump stocks, the NRA helped get us to where we are today in my opinion. I’m not one that particularly buys that the NRA asked the ATF to review bump stocks because they thought the ATF would uphold existing interpretations and law.

I am also of the opinion that the NRA has compromised or worse on most of the anti-gun legislation over the last 30 years. Thus it is my opinion that overall the NRA exists simply to make money off of political uncertainty and turmoil. With an NRA “Endorsed” President and a majority in the house and Senate, you’d think it wouldn’t even be necessary to worry about Anti-Gun Legislation.

I wish I could love and support the NRA more, but ultimately I just don’t feel that they represent me.

Remember when Wayne Lapierre promised to reverse the Hughes Amendment legislation?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, CZ9MM said:

Perhaps. But regarding bump stocks, the NRA helped get us to where we are today in my opinion. I’m not one that particularly buys that the NRA asked the ATF to review bump stocks because they thought the ATF would uphold existing interpretations and law.

I am also of the opinion that the NRA has compromised or worse on most of the anti-gun legislation over the last 30 years. Thus it is my opinion that overall the NRA exists simply to make money off of political uncertainty and turmoil. With an NRA “Endorsed” President and a majority in the house and Senate, you’d think it wouldn’t even be necessary to worry about Anti-Gun Legislation.

I wish I could love and support the NRA more, but ultimately I just don’t feel that they represent me.

Remember when Wayne Lapierre promised to reverse the Hughes Amendment legislation?

You do make some good points and I respect your position, but I have to wonder how much worse off we would be if their were no NRA. 

The NRA does compromise too much, although they don't as much in recent times as they did in the past. The NRA does know how to play politics and sometimes you do have to compromise for the greater good. It could be that they see a big wave of sweeping legislation coming and they try to cut it off by "throwing them a bone". Lots of back room deals going on and sometimes you do have to give something to get something in this nasty corrupt world we call politics. If we can get out of all this with a bump stock ban and some sort of background check enhancements and no new AWB, I'm afraid that may be the best we can do in this political climate.  In a perfect world, they would be against any gun legislation, and fight tooth and nail to expand our rights. 

I'm not trying to excuse them, but I'm a life member and still think that membership is a good cause.    

• Like 2
  • Moderators
24 minutes ago, m16ty said:

You do make some good points and I respect your position, but I have to wonder how much worse off we would be if their were no NRA. 

The NRA does compromise too much, although they don't as much in recent times as they did in the past. The NRA does know how to play politics and sometimes you do have to compromise for the greater good. It could be that they see a big wave of sweeping legislation coming and they try to cut it off by "throwing them a bone". Lots of back room deals going on and sometimes you do have to give something to get something in this nasty corrupt world we call politics. If we can get out of all this with a bump stock ban and some sort of background check enhancements and no new AWB, I'm afraid that may be the best we can do in this political climate.  In a perfect world, they would be against any gun legislation, and fight tooth and nail to expand our rights. 

I'm not trying to excuse them, but I'm a life member and still think that membership is a good cause.    

NRA Lifetime member here.  None of these organizations are perfect but I would hate to see where we would be without them.  

• Like 6

The antis are planning a major anti-gun rally for March 24, 2018. There is now a idea floating around that we should respond by making donations to pro-gun organizations on that same day. Currently its being referred to as "Money Bomb the NRA". But I think contributions to any pro-gun rights organization will work just as well. 

Rather than stand in the streets and give lip service to the problem, we have an opportunity to show tangible support of our cause. Plus, we won't have to travel or take needed time out of our lives to do so. If enough people do this that the news media picks up on it, it could be a major victory for our side. We put our money where our mouth is. 

I plan to make contributions to the NRA, GOA and the TFA. :up:

SPREAD THE WORD! SUPPORT OUR RIGHTS!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

The antis are planning a major anti-gun rally for March 24, 2018. There is now a idea floating around that we should respond by making donations to pro-gun organizations on that same day. Currently its being referred to as "Money Bomb the NRA". But I think contributions to any pro-gun rights organization will work just as well. 

Rather than stand in the streets and give lip service to the problem, we have an opportunity to show tangible support of our cause. Plus, we won't have to travel or take needed time out of our lives to do so. If enough people do this that the news media picks up on it, it could be a major victory for our side. We put our money where our mouth is. 

You will be hard pressed to get any of the MSM, except Fox and other more conservative outlets to cover this.  But I too will be contributing that day, I have joined GOA, but will send the NRA some $ on the 24th as a sign of my 2A support, I think if we get enough members to do the same, it will send a message.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Topic merged with same topic started earlier this week.

I posted this in another topic, but thought it'd be relevant here too. I called the NRA membership rep and they're offering lifetime membership for around 50% off. The regular membership went from $1,500 to $750 and distinguished membership (+65 and disabled veteran) went from $750 to $375. As I said on the other post, my numbers may be slightly off, but close enough. All you have to do is call in and ask for the discount. I don't know how long it'll be going on. Please pass along to anyone you think would be interested. Great way to make a donation and get a lifetime membership at the same time. ^^^Disclaimer- I don't work for the NRA and only know the details I'm passing along from my call with them a few days ago. They tried to get me to upgrade membership at the end of the call.^^^

• Like 1
15 hours ago, jdgreen said:

I posted this in another topic, but thought it'd be relevant here too. I called the NRA membership rep and they're offering lifetime membership for around 50% off. The regular membership went from $1,500 to $750 and distinguished membership (+65 and disabled veteran) went from $750 to $375. As I said on the other post, my numbers may be slightly off, but close enough. All you have to do is call in and ask for the discount. I don't know how long it'll be going on. Please pass along to anyone you think would be interested. Great way to make a donation and get a lifetime membership at the same time. ^^^Disclaimer- I don't work for the NRA and only know the details I'm passing along from my call with them a few days ago. They tried to get me to upgrade membership at the end of the call.^^^

Log onto their webiste, and a lifetime membership is $600, and you get a free jacket.

I just did it.:hat:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...