Money bomb for NRA on 3/24

11 minutes ago, scooter said:

The NRA is a black hole with zero accountability. Whatever the fantastic duo, Wayne and Chris, publicly state may or may not be actually true.

How come the NRA membership be always be around 5 million, yet we hear constantly that a record number of people are signing up. Either people are leaving the NRA at the same rate they are joining, or the numbers simply don't add up.

I am a Life Benefactor Member and have stopped donating to the NRA. I would like to know what they spent my money on. It certainly wasn't to fight the City of Knoxville against the gun ban in Chilhowee Park. They certainly spent it on Dana Loesch's "clenched fist of truth" videos.

I didn't sent my money to the NRA to cave on the very few gun rights cases the NRA actually pursues, make backroom deals that trade away my freedoms, produce culture war videos, and pay hefty salaries to the fantastic duo.

The NRA has to change. That change should start with the departure of Wayne and Chris.

:poop:

• Admin Team

The NRA may be far from perfect.  And, I question whether or not they’re ready for this next fight.  

But have no doubt.  If you carry a concealed firearm in the United States today, you owe the NRA a debt of gratitude.  

They’ve been involved in every piece of carry legislation that’s passed in a statehouse in the last 30 years  

Without their financial backing in cases like Dick Heller’s - we wouldn’t have the rights we do.  And, a lot of those victories set precedents that will be hard to overturn. 

They’re far from perfect. But they’ve moved the ball a long way down the field.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

The NRA may be far from perfect.  And, I question whether or not they’re ready for this next fight.  

But have no doubt.  If you carry a concealed firearm in the United States today, you owe the NRA a debt of gratitude.  

They’ve been involved in every piece of carry legislation that’s passed in a statehouse in the last 30 years  

Without their financial backing in cases like Dick Heller’s - we wouldn’t have the rights we do.  And, a lot of those victories set precedents that will be hard to overturn. 

That's quite some rewriting of history with regards to Heller. The NRA did not win that case! Alan Gura did! The NRA, early on, refused to help Dick Heller. The NRA even tried to derail Heller:

Attorney Alan Gura, in a 2003 filing, used the term "sham litigation" to describe the NRA's attempts to have Parker (aka Heller) consolidated with its own case challenging the D.C. law. Gura also stated that "the NRA was adamant about not wanting the Supreme Court to hear the case". .... He also stated that "The N.R.A.’s interference in this process set us back and almost killed the case.

The NRA also tried to derail McDonald, by the way.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

Dick Heller talks about the NRA’s support when he speaks about the case.  

He certainly wasn’t the plaintiff the NRA or Cato or anyone else wanted - but he had standing.

The Supreme Court only hears arguments in so many cases.  It makes for interesting bedfellows sometimes.  

• Administrator

Another organization that I have become aware of over the past month is the Firearms Policy Coalition.  These folks are giving the NRA hell on social media for the compromises they (the NRA) have been making and are more of a grass-roots, no-compromise organization taking the fight to the courts.

If you're looking for an org to throw some money at, they might be up your alley.  I kicked in $50 toward their cause.

Click the pic...

fpc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Thanks David. I have never heard of this group. I will check them out.

I don't think any one single organization will ever fit the complete bill for any of us, but I do know without them we would be in a lot worse situation.  I believe many people think the NRA or GOA or whoever is our only voice. If anything they are OUR support. OUR voices should be who the politicians, the general public, media outlets are hearing. How many would March in Washington for pro gun rights if giving the opportunity? I have friends who respond I don't have time, money, it's a waste of time, etc etc. I have a friend in VA working on trying to get a pro 2nd amendment march. I will be attending. Until we as individuals truly come together to take a stand this will continue. Asking any of these organizations to go to battle for us is like asking the government to protect me and my family. JMHO

12 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This is a lot more than the NRA's fight. This is the full force of the Democrat Party, and should be met with the full force of the Republican Party. We'll see how that goes, after the tear jerking wears down.

16 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I'd be interested to hear how much was donated to the NRA today.

I wonder if it will be reported with the same glee and energy as the march today.:confused:

I was thinking the same thing. Like to know how much was donated overall on the 24th.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Like to know how much was donated overall on the 24th.

I would also but odds are we won't hear or get a thank you for your donations or anything else. If we do it will be a shock. Maybe it will spark Chris and Wayne to realize we are watching them and their actions and expecting more in our favor from the NRA than we have been seeing recently. It might even been good to sit down and write them about a million letters expressing out dissappointment in their actions recently and tel them we want to see more support for our donations.........JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I would also but odds are we won't hear or get a thank you for your donations or anything else. If we do it will be a shock. Maybe it will spark Chris and Wayne to realize we are watching them and their actions and expecting more in our favor from the NRA than we have been seeing recently. It might even been good to sit down and write them about a million letters expressing out dissappointment in their actions recently and tel them we want to see more support for our donations.........JMHO

Worth a try. Think I'll do just that & see what, if anything, happens.

Update....I sent a request to NRA ILA in regards to the total amount donated, membership, etc

connected with Mar. 24th. Advised them this request came from members of TGO, and that it was done for support & that we are here & watching.

We'll see what, if anything, happens. At the least we tried.

I'll post any reply I may get.

Larry

• Like 4
2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

If you see a turd (not saying it was), you can describe it in many ways. "Turd" is one of those ways. Maybe not the most eloquent, but plenty effective. :) 

The problem with social media is everybody is screaming at each other, uses memes, and calls each other names. There is no serious discussion and facts don't matter.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
The above is why I became a lifetime member of the Second Amendment Foundation a while back. 
Hey, OS...this post was sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk.

Thanks for the reminder about SAF. I'm a life member but hadn't donated to them this year. Did that just now. Add3d bonus Donations to them are tax deductible!
  • Admin Team

DZE6z0YXUAAg-TO?format=jpg&name=small

It’s probably worth noting that the folks in pictures like this aren’t spending a lot of time arguing about the ideological purity of the others in the group.  

I’m supportive of a bunch of different advocacy organizations - and encourage folks to find one that fits them. 

But we’ve got to stop eating our own.  

We’re about to need as many people as we can get.  

• Like 7
2 hours ago, scooter said:

The problem with social media is everybody is screaming at each other, uses memes, and calls each other names. There is no serious discussion and facts don't matter.

Thats exactly why I avoid all parts of social media. It is nothing more than one big gossip community like all the tabloids at check out in Krogers!!!!

• Moderators
DZE6z0YXUAAg-TO?format=jpg&name=small
It’s probably worth noting that the folks in pictures like this aren’t spending a lot of time arguing about the ideological purity of the others in the group.  
I’m supportive of a bunch of different advocacy organizations - and encourage folks to find one that fits them. 
But we’ve got to stop eating our own.  
We’re about to need as many people as we can get.  
Definitely.
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Social media is for folks that are bored stiff. I got off FB, because to me it's useless as teats on

a boar hog.

JMHO

I got off of FB and all of the other major social media apps because I recognized the negative ways they affected my mental and emotional health. The majority of the population hasn’t come to the same conclusion and therefore I recognize the threat that social media’s influence has on my interest. While you may feel that it is useless, don’t underestimate how fearsome of an enemy it has the potential to be. 

4 hours ago, scooter said:

Some truth here. We do have real discussion in some of my circles. We even try to use good facts. Then, there's the Facebook Arfcom group :)

There is SOME good. It's the best way for me to keep up with friends and family. Don't argue politics out there too much. I am just about to admit defeat. Good thing I'm old

Edited by mikegideon

Back on topic, the NRA is probably best positioned to organize a nation-wide rally in support of the 2nd Amendment. It doesn't even take that much money to organize it, just a nation-wide call to action with (multiple) state-level point of contacts for coordination. Yet the 2A rallies that happened are organized by state-level gun rights groups and not the NRA. They are not widely advertised and many people stay home. We are losing the fight!

As for the "money bomb", I have donated several thousand Dollars to the NRA over the past years. I got inaction and outright betrayal on state-level issues, FixNICS, and a bump stock ban in return. Become an NRA member if you want. Become a voting NRA member if you want to change anything. Donating a few Dollars to an organization and sitting on your couch while watching TV and surfing the Internet isn't going to save your rights though!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, scooter said:

Back on topic, the NRA is probably best positioned to organize a nation-wide rally in support of the 2nd Amendment. It doesn't even take that much money to organize it, just a nation-wide call to action with (multiple) state-level point of contacts for coordination. Yet the 2A rallies that happened are organized by state-level gun rights groups and not the NRA. They are not widely advertised and many people stay home. We are losing the fight!

As for the "money bomb", I have donated several thousand Dollars to the NRA over the past years. I got inaction and outright betrayal on state-level issues, FixNICS, and a bump stock ban in return. Become an NRA member if you want. Become a voting NRA member if you want to change anything. Donating a few Dollars to an organization and sitting on your couch while watching TV and surfing the Internet isn't going to save your rights though!

We get it already! You don't like the NRA.