Republican Congressman Calls for Raising Minimum Age to Buy AR-15s

No big surprise. The next generation will make it even worse. They've been coddled and protected their whole life. They'll expect the same and vote for it as they age. We're a dying breed. I suppose that's true of every generation though.

I'll fight any of this nonsense tooth and nail, but at this point it looks like we are going to take some sort of hit. I just hope this is like the immigration deal were they can't get anything passed, or it's as minimal as possible. 

The worst part about any of this is it won't do a thing to stop these shootings.   

Why are people OK with the minimum age of buying a hand gun being 21 but get upset if a long rifle minimum age is raised to match? It seems that the people that are against changing the long gun age to 21 should be fighting to have the hand gun age lowered to 18.

I might take this guy a little more seriously if he was looking to raise the minimum age to 21 for ALL guns not just one that's black and scary.   If you just raise the age for an AR-15 then this is what will happen.   

Deranged 18 Year Old:  I want to buy that AR-15
Gun Store Clerk: Sorry you have to be 21 to buy that gun.
Deranged 18 Year Old: Ok, what about that Mini-14?
Gun Store Clerk: Sure, will that be cash or charge?

• Like 1
On 2/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, m16ty said:

The worst part about any of this is it won't do a thing to stop these shootings.   

I absolutely agree with this statement.  Until people realize gun violence has nothing to do with guns the issue will never be fixed.

Edited by The Legion
  • Like 2

How about we concentrate on makjming sure 18 year olds are mature enough to handle. That is the problem these days. The kids just do not mature like they use to due to all of the influences like everyone is a winner in oiur schools. Maybe 21 is not a bad idea. Not that I agree but today's youth are not exactly showing they re mature enough to handle firearms without supervision. Or most anything else for that matter. 

However that is punishing the many for the few which is exactly what gun control people want. Wow, we made this crap now we have to live with it. We ignored the schools systems teaching this BS and now it is bioting us in the ass. We should have been screaming for mental health and no indoctrination in schools a long time ago. I fear it is now too late and we have lost! And soon goeth the country behind us!

\

I honestly have been saying this for awhile.  Pick and age that a teen becomes an adult and stick with it.  But it has to be across the board, don't ask an 18yo to join the military, get issued a weapon and go and fight and die for his/her country if they can't enjoy the same privileges back home.   If they decide 18, 21, 25, then so be it, make up your freaking mind about what makes an adult already. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Omega said:

I honestly have been saying this for awhile.  Pick and age that a teen becomes an adult and stick with it.  But it has to be across the board, don't ask an 18yo to join the military, get issued a weapon and go and fight and die for his/her country if they can't enjoy the same privileges back home.   If they decide 18, 21, 25, then so be it, make up your freaking mind about what makes an adult already. 

I just said almost the exact thing to my wife last night.

I'd say if they want the age raised to 21 then lets also get the voting age raised to 21. After all the overwhelming majority of 18-20 year olds vote for the Dems anyway......that's what compromise is.....both sides get something and both sides lose something..... are they willing to trade 18-20 year old voters to get these "guns off the streets" ???? 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1
On 2/20/2018 at 4:28 PM, Garufa said:

I immediately refute everything Carlos Curbelo says for using the term “common sense”.

"Common sense" -isn't- common, or there wouldn't need to be a distinct label for it.

Not my line... I'm quoting either Twain or #7.

image.png.160062bcd7d66a0985a0a30ead16890a.png

THIS #7.

Edited by SWCUMBERLAND
So is Rick Scott. All firearms, in fact.
- OS
I saw that. I'm not sure he can get it through the State Legislature though. Florida isn't like Tennessee where Beth Harwell does whatever Haslem tells her too.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk