Companies ending partnerships with NRA

Several companies are severing ties with the NRA. If you use their products/services, please let them know your opinion. I submitted the email below to National and got a quick response back that it would be "submitted to management for consideration".

Dear National,

I have been an executive elite member for about 12 years. I regret to inform you that I will no longer be doing business with your company because you have decided to cave into public pressure and disassociate yourself with the NRA. I don't feel that businesses should have a voice on social issues, but I respect your right to do so. I have the same right not to do business with you and I will choose to exercise it. I have a feeling that you may be getting several million more emails just like this. I've enjoyed working with your company and it will take some time to get use to using another company. Good luck in the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nra-members-wont-get-any-more-enterprise-rental-car-discounts-2018-2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/23/boycottnra-enterprise-omaha-bank-end-gun-lobby-deals-as-boycott-movement-gains-steam/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, jdgreen said:

Several companies are severing ties with the NRA. If you use their products/services, please let them know your opinion. I submitted the email below to National and got a quick response back that it would be "submitted to management for consideration".

Dear National,

I have been an executive elite member for about 12 years. I regret to inform you that I will no longer be doing business with your company because you have decided to cave into public pressure and disassociate yourself with the NRA. I don't feel that businesses should have a voice on social issues, but I respect your right to do so. I have the same right not to do business with you and I will choose to exercise it. I have a feeling that you may be getting several million more emails just like this. I've enjoyed working with your company and it will take some time to get use to using another company. Good luck in the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/nra-members-wont-get-any-more-enterprise-rental-car-discounts-2018-2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/23/boycottnra-enterprise-omaha-bank-end-gun-lobby-deals-as-boycott-movement-gains-steam/

Couldn't find an email for them but this site should be bombarded: http://www.corporate-office-headquarters.com/enterprise-holdings-inc

• Like 1

Yeah, I sent an email as well as called and canceled my Simplisafe services. I'm not a big boycotter but this is getting stupid. The quicker they feel the impact, the quicker this stupid, knee jerk, reactionary, idiocy, will cease.

I don't care what they believe, but using their company to punish me for what I believe is just bad business. 

• Like 3

I’ve got one of the NRA Visa cards. Sent the First National Bank of Omaha a email telling them I’m cutting it up.

It’s turning into a all out war. Whatever you think of the NRA, they are the face of the gun rights movement. They need all the help they can get right now. 

If you are already a member and feel like donating, instead sign up a new member. That way you not only help them financially, but will help add to their membership number. If you’re not a member, you need to join.

• Like 3

Totally agree. We need to get as many new members to join as possible and get existing members to be vocal. We've been the silent majority too long. I spoke with the NRA membership rep a few days ago when I was checking on my profile. They are offering basically half-priced lifetime memberships. The regular membership, normally $1,500, was $750. The distinguished membership (+65 or disabled vet) is normally $750 and it was $375. My numbers may be a little off, but that's the best that I can remember. The rep said that anyone can call in and get the discount. I've been an annual member, but thinking about switching to lifetime. Especially when it's almost 50% off. Keep in mind, I don't work for them or recall the numbers exactly, but it's close enough. Also, I don't know how long they'll offer the discount. Please pass it along to anyone that you think would be interested. If you're making a donation anyways, it may be nice to get the lifetime membership back in return.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Omega said:

Contact info for Symantec who owns: 

Fireglass

ID Analytics

LifeLock

Skycure

https://www.symantec.com/contact-us

I have Norton for my computer Internet Security.  I will be changing over to a new service tomorrow.  I also have an account with Wyndham.  When I shoot IDPA or USPSA matches at CASA in Little Rock I always stay at he Wingate Hotel.  Never again.  I emailed them to cancel my account. 

• Like 1

Not sure what affiliation Delta has or had, but after 1 million miles, I don’t remember ever seeing the NRA in all of my crap I get. The NRA has affiliations with a ton of places. If I boycotted them all I wouldn’t be able to do anything or go anywhere.

I know the anti-2nd amendment media is always touting the "Powerful NRA" lobby and the "Big Gun" industry. There is no such thing. The power of the NRA is from it's members who vote. The biggest lobby in the swamp are the pharmaceutical industry at 3.5 billion dollars. Next is the insurance industry at 3.4 billion or so, then come the utility industry. The NRA ranks 488th. The liberal media is just plain lying and their coolaid drinking disciples are buying it. I told the whitewater paddlers of their forum that I was a member of the NRA and some of them told me that I was responsible for 17 deaths. I didn't back down but doubled down and finally a few gun owners spoke up on my behalf. I am going to encourage all the gun owners I know that the time to join the NRA is not when they are knocking at your door, to take your guns..... 

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I am not an NRA member for the discounts.

I’m not either, and on it’s face, I couldn’t care less who offers NRA discounts. What bothers me is the reason they are jumping ship. This is a direct attack of the membership and evidently they don’t want our money, I’ll be happy to not send them any where I can.

This newfound hatred of the NRA isn’t mainly at the NRA leadership, it’s at the members and even non-member gun owners.

The reason I signed up for the NRA Visa is supposedly they are to send the NRA a couple of cents for every dollar I spend. I figured that sounded like a good deal so I signed up. I throw away half a dozen CC offers in the the mail each week, it’s not like I’ll have trouble finding another one. I did reach out to the NRA to see if they are going to partner with another bank.

• Like 3

Same here, I don't use any of the NRA discounts, and I don't look for them specifically, this is about their, the companies, unwillingness to stand up to these snowflakes that want to cause us gun owners trouble.  If they want to wade into the social issue swamp then it's time we introduce them to the critters with teeth.

I haven't either. I don't really care much about the discount. To me, this is more about being singled out by companies. Seems to me that they don't want to be associated with folks like us. That means they don't like our money either. Losses in sales are more effective than tweets.

• Like 1