This is why you keep shooting!

5 minutes ago, Ski said:

I saw the shotgun at the beginning.  I wasn't counting shots, so I did not realize her gun was empty by the time the robber reappears and confronts the mother.  Glad it ended fairly well.

It wasn’t empty when he reappeared. She emptied it between that time and the time he got hold of her and got his hand on the gun. He was unarmed at that time and she was clearly justified in continuing to shoot him.

Not to get into the age old caliber debate, but in that situation you need a bigger gun. 

I've been known to carry a .380 when in deep concealment because it has to be small. Other times I carry a 9mm, again due to size restrictions. On something like a "behind the counter gun", It's going to be a long gun, either a shotgun or rifle, because the only size limitation is for it to fit behind the counter. 

For me personally, 9mm is the biggest thing I want in a self defense handgun. It's not that I can't handle the recoil of bigger calibers, I had a Desert Eagle .50AE one time, but I feel that the 9mm is a much more controllable round for me. I can make fast follow-up shots much more accurately with 9mm than I can with .40. Given the choice on any self defense firearm, when concealment isn't a issue, I'm going with a shotgun or rife, with the choice being on what I think the range of the threat may be.      

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.