Sig P210

A week or so ago there was one at On Target in Murfreesboro and one at Outpost Armory in Christiana.  I was shocked; until then I had only seen two in my entire life, and then I saw two in one day in the same county.

I want one.  Just don't want to pay what it costs.

Cheers,

Whisper

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

I have a Swiss surplus P210 made in the late 1950s.  The quality is incredible!  I am very fond of my P210 and enjoy shooting it.  For a service pistol, the quality, accuracy, and ergonomics are superb.

The one weak spot is the bottom magazine catch.  It is spring steel and has been known to break.  Its relatively inexpensive and easy to replace.  I bought a spare just in case.

I have no experience with the new ones.  I'm not really a fan of Sig Sauer and they share only a name with the original Swiss company.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, 1gewehr said:

I have no experience with the new ones.  I'm not really a fan of Sig Sauer and they share only a name with the original Swiss company.

Be aware that the new Sig Sauer P210 Legend is still made in Germany and not New Hampshire.  It is an extraordinarily nice pistol.  And Sig changed to the button mag release on the side of the frame with the P210-8 version in 2003.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Whisper said:

gregintenn, I was just at On Target and they have the P210 at $1499. 

Cheers,

Whisper

Thanks!

Did you handle it? Does it seem to be of high quality?

Anybody here have a suggestion of another current production 9mm target pistol I should be looking at as well?

(Before you type it, I'm sure your Glock is awesome, but I do not want one.):D

I wish Smith and Wesson still produced the 952. I'd love one, but they've become quite the unicorn.

Edited by gregintenn

I traded off a pristine 952 and 5 mags just a few months back. The trade value came out to about 2600. I had nowhere near that in it. Very happy with the deal.

I can tell you where it went, but I don't think it can be gotten at the moment. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hipower said:

I traded off a pristine 952 and 5 mags just a few months back. The trade value came out to about 2600. I had nowhere near that in it. Very happy with the deal.

I can tell you where it went, but I don't think it can be gotten at the moment. 

:eek:

9 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Thanks!

I did handle it.  It seems extremely well made and the trigger is magnificent.  It has a fiber optic front sight, which I have come to prefer for pistol front sights.  If I had the money I would have purchased it already.

• Like 1

I have fired a friend's new P210 with the US-type magazine release.  Nice trigger, nice factory finish, very accurate.  At $1500, it's a bargain! 

While I DO like the side magazine release, I do not like the fiber-optic front sight.  The finish is not as nice as the Swiss guns and it is significantly heavier.  While the action is very smooth on the new gun, the older gun is as slick as oiled glass.  Call me a snob, but it's not as well made as my Swiss-made P210. ;)  But, it's also been a long time since I saw a Swiss-made P210 anywhere near $1500.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, 1gewehr said:

I have fired a friend's new P210 with the US-type magazine release.  Nice trigger, nice factory finish, very accurate.  At $1500, it's a bargain! 

While I DO like the side magazine release, I do not like the fiber-optic front sight.  The finish is not as nice as the Swiss guns and it is significantly heavier.  While the action is very smooth on the new gun, the older gun is as slick as oiled glass.  Call me a snob, but it's not as well made as my Swiss-made P210. ;)  But, it's also been a long time since I saw a Swiss-made P210 anywhere near $1500.

Yeah. I don't drive anything I could trade even for an original Swiss P210.:D

I'm just looking for something fun to shoot.

Those old ones are a work of art for sure.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2018 at 11:35 AM, gregintenn said:

Thanks!

Anybody here have a suggestion of another current production 9mm target pistol I should be looking at as well?

(Before you type it, I'm sure your Glock is awesome, but I do not want one.):D

I wish Smith and Wesson still produced the 952. I'd love one, but they've become quite the unicorn.

Any of the CZ Tactical Sport models or the Shadow 2 (or it's variants.)  

• Like 3