Nashville Mayors security chief pleads guilty to felony theft, will be permitted to carry a firearm, given that he is a retired police officer.

http://wkrn.com/2018/03/06/barrys-former-security-chief-pleads-guilty-to-theft/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The man in the middle of the Megan Barry scandal pleaded guilty in Davidson County Court Tuesday morning.

In a negotiated plea agreement, Robert Forrest pleaded to theft of property over $10,000.

Official court documents also say Forrest will be permitted to carry a firearm, given that he is a retired police officer.

• Admin Team

I’ve not seen the documents in the Forrest case, but if they read the same as Barry’s, upon payment of restitution and *unsupervised* probabtion, he can pay the $450 administrative fee to have his record formally expunged.  Both will have clean records in the eyes of the law.  

Ironic that Barry is getting a different treatment than she advocated for concerning other felons who’ve paid their debts.  

• Like 3
  • Authorized Vendor
3 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Wrong, they both need to pay back every penny and keep this on their records!

Politicians do not live under the same laws as us regular folks!

Of course they do or else most of them would be in prison.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, tennessee1911 said:

http://wkrn.com/2018/03/06/barrys-former-security-chief-pleads-guilty-to-theft/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The man in the middle of the Megan Barry scandal pleaded guilty in Davidson County Court Tuesday morning.

In a negotiated plea agreement, Robert Forrest pleaded to theft of property over $10,000.

Official court documents also say Forrest will be permitted to carry a firearm, given that he is a retired police officer.

As I understand LEOSA, he shouldnt, as a convicted felon, be allowed to carry a gun.  Once that engagement takes place, then of course, things change, but until then, LEOSA carry must also not be a prohibited person under state laws.  Am I not right in this?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

This is nothing more than the Clintons on a smaller scale with same legal system as Clintons!!!!

Maybe. Do ya think Mayor Barry had anyone whacked? :eek:

(Kidding!)

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

Under Judicial Diversion, if he plays by the rules set forth in the probation period, he can have his record expunged & go on about his business, as tho nothing happened. First time offenders.  Never was too fond of the idea, but it happens.

Edited by Grunt67
4 hours ago, Whisper said:

If by "engagement" you mean "expungement," I believe you are correct.

Cheers,

Whisper

Yes, dang autocorrect, lol.  SO he shouldnt be allowed to carry at least until and if its expunged...

On 3/8/2018 at 5:55 PM, DaveTN said:

He shouldn’t be able to draw a pension let alone carry a gun. Most cops that get arrested and fired don’t get to draw their pension even if they have their time in. This is wrong.

Whether you refuse to admit it or not, it does not change the fact that LEOs get special treatment in the legal arena.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Whether you refuse to admit it or not, it does not change the fact that LEOs get special treatment in the legal arena.

Usually LEO’s are perceived to get special treatment because they know and use the best attorneys. Everyone has that available to them if they have the money. As I have said many times; if you are going to court you will get exactly as much justice as you can afford. That’s not right; but it’s the way it is.

The courts and the prosecutors didn’t allow him to keep his retirement; Metro PD and Chief Anderson did that. His attorney and the Prosecutors are the ones that made sure he didn’t have a felony conviction when this is out of the news cycle.

Don’t get me wrong… I doubted that this guy ripped anyone off simply because he was having an affair. But apparently he was because he pled guilty to a felony. He should lose his gun privileges and have to apply for an expungement just like any other convicted felon. I’m also curious; does Metro PD usually allow Officers their retirement after they have been charged and convicted of a felony that is directly related to their job performance? That’s ridiculous.