Can't wait to move to Tennessee.  We've had a few decades of ILLannoy ---- hey, we're slow learners!    Anyway, the wife and I are gonna move down there, near Knoxville, this fall, and we're really excited about it.  I have a number of firearms (arsenal?) and enjoy all outdoor sports.  The Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association looks especially interesting.  Would appreciate any comments on that.

You guys can't imagine how different your forum is from my current one in IL.  You're talking about fun stuff, and we're talking about whether the Gov is gonna sign the bill that would make everyone who owns a mag over 10 rounds a felon. 

Like I said, can't wait to move to Tennessee!  Oh, to be around like-minded people................

• Like 3

Welcome to TN!

As another transplant from the communist North (Western NY area), you'll be pleased with the changes here.

Also a member at ORSA, it's a great club - has a bit of a country-club feel to it, some of the other ranges around here are just dirt pits w/ steel targets. Frankly, I think that's one of it's good points however. Be glad to give you a tour any time. I'm also out on the West side of Knox. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you've got any questions about the area. 

Got a good buddy lives downtown Chi-town near the lake, wish I could convince him it's time to move, alas, he likes the city too much.

- Kevin

What part of HELLINOIS are you moving away from. I grew up in Lemont HELLINOIS and parents moved me away in 1967 at age 17 but this was home cause most of my family lived here like since forever before we moved down in 67. Oh yea welcome to GODS country and TGO!!

There are so many folks leaving ILLannoy that U-Haul is having a problem getting trucks and trailers back here.  It's a one-way street.

Our state legislature is now voting for all sorts of gun control madness.  Can't wait to get the hell outta here!

bersaguy:  Thanks!  We're now in Streamwood, between Elgin and Schaumburg.  That's about 35 miles NW of downtown Chicago.  Spent 30 years in Park Ridge.

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone.  Looks like we've got a shooting party at ORSA with this group right here.  Terrific!

There are so many folks leaving ILLannoy that U-Haul is having a problem getting trucks and trailers back here.  It's a one-way street.
Our state legislature is now voting for all sorts of gun control madness.  Can't wait to get the hell outta here!

bersaguy:  Thanks!  We're now in Streamwood, between Elgin and Schaumburg.  That's about 35 miles NW of downtown Chicago.  Spent 30 years in Park Ridge.

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone.  Looks like we've got a shooting party at ORSA with this group right here.  Terrific!

Welcome aboard from Cookeville, just a little west of where you will be. I went to school in a NW Suburb, got out, moved back down to TN, and have never been tempted to go back other than for brief visits.

As others have said you will love it here. Beautiful scenery, good quality of life, minimal communist interference.

Just don’t go trying to change too much stuff!!!

But seriously, WELCOME!

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24 minutes ago, QuackerSmacker said:

Looks like we've got a shooting party at ORSA with this group right here.  Terrific!

LOL! That's the weird part, I've only met a couple of people in person. There are T-shirts, hat's, decal stickers for your car.... still never see any TGO'ers at the range, even though I've probably shot next to them! LOL!

I have a lot of great memories growing up in Lemont but that is back when it was a state that believed in what the Constitution represented and we were taught actual U.S. History and if you were big enough to tote a gun you went hunting and life was good. I think my parents saw what was coming in Illinois and we got the hell out and never looked back. I have a brother that still lives in Essex Illinois and I have not seen him since 1990. He won't come down and visit and I damn sure ain't going back up there without a gun.  

8 minutes ago, QuackerSmacker said:

What could I possibly want to change about Tennessee?   TNBuckeye, what does "Just don't go trying to change too much stuff" mean?   I'm honestly confused........sorry

I for one can answer that question. We have had folks move down from the north that were not really ready to leave the North so when they came South they brought a lot of the northern ways and ideas with them and they thought folks down here should do things their way and tried to push their ways and beliefs on folks down here and it was like oil & water. I think many of them moved back north or just faded away never to be heard from again. Folks down here like things the way they are so I think what he was saying is how most of us feel and that is leave your yankee ways up there when you come south and learn how much fun life can really be...........JMHO 

16 minutes ago, QuackerSmacker said:

What could I possibly want to change about Tennessee?   TNBuckeye, what does "Just don't go trying to change too much stuff" mean?   I'm honestly confused........sorry

As a yankee transplant, a guy I was working for explained it to me...

Sometimes folks from out of state move here and start spouting off about how things should be, or the way they used to do it back home... and frankly, that's not the least bit appreciated. In particular, northerners are notorious for this (I'm from NY, believe me, it's one reason why I left that state!)

You will find folks down here are friendly and amicable, but as soon as you open your mouth, they'll know you ain't from around these parts (accent), and can expect the following 3 questions:

Where you from/why did you move here? (see TNBuckeye's comment for the reason why)

Where do you work? (Damn freeloading hippie's can go back to where you came from!)

What Church do you go to? (You would love ours, why don't you come on next Weds?)

Funny story, one time a nice old lady at the grocery store was chatting me up in the produce section (they'll do that down here, honest), and I was getting tired of the church question, so on a lark, I said "Heaven's no, we don't go to church, we're Jewish".

Swear to God, she turned white as a ghost and walked away without saying another word.

Guess that's kinda what I figured, since that was the third comment along those lines.  I can certainly understand  that, I'd probably have the same kinda doubt if the situation was reversed.  We were going to move to Colorado, but it is getting so "Californicated," as they say, that we didn't want to move there and watch a great Western state get destroyed.

So the good news is:  I don't have any Damn Yankee ways to bring  with me.  And I'm damn glad of that!

Welcome to the neighborhood,  this really is a nice place.  Don't take the "change" comments personally, it probably doesn't apply to you. Many do move and try and change things to what they left, strange but true.  I find that if you move to a place you like, leave it alone and all will be well.

• Like 1