Ammo Stockpiling

With all the talk about "Stockpiling" food and such...Im curious...what do yall stockpile ammo wise. I realize there are some that don't want anyone to know anything about their inventory...but for the others...what do you try to stockpile?

Edited by PaiMei
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Obama in office i feel perfectly safe and felt that i know longer needed guns to protect myself. I dumped them in to the Tennessee River. The ammo went with it.

Guest billwilly73

I don't stockpile any ammo. I have a box or so for most guns I own, and I have a few that I have not shot yet due to not having the ammo or time/place close by to shoot. Perhaps just plain laziness on my part also. The most of any single caliber I have is .22LR

So if the SQUIRREL ZOMBIES attack.....................I'll be ready

I always try, but wind up shooting the stuff up.

I currently have 8 boxes of Blazer .45 acp, and that is just because I bought it privately for a heck of a deal. ($10 a box), and 100 round of WWB 9mm, and probably 200 rounds of .22, a few scattered rounds for my other guns.

Dang I need more ammo! :)

Guest cdsusong

I have approx 800 9mm, 100 38sp, 700 22lr, 100 30/30, and a bunch of 12 and 20ga. Soon to add to the 9mm by 1K. I want to get ammo for the spring IDPA stuff before the "Obiwan tax" goes into effect. I feel it is coming, and soon!

Guest Astra900

I told a friend of mine how much ammo I had put away. He swore I was lying. I started to show him, but thought better of it. I don't say how much because it sounds like I'm bragging, but I hope I never have to move it in a hurry. My 1/2 ton Ford could barely do it in one trip.

It's the currency of the future, and the future looks bleak. Buy it cheap (well not anymore) and stack it deep.

.308 5k rounds (I have a couple thousand to reload though...)

9mm 6k (around 4k to reload...yes I know..I work too much and never have time!)

45 LC 200 rounds on hand and about 400 to reload..

9mm Mak. 1k (I don't reload these..)

.45 1000 rounds on hand and about 1k to reload ( I'd love to have more but my wife shoots them up when we go to the range)

8mm 3k ..cheap hungarian steel core, berdan primed...but suitably accurate enough to hit what I'm aiming at and will penetrate ballistic armor. In case I run into a zombie hiding behind a car or something.

.380 100 rounds..need more!!!

7.62 , linked, about 10k rounds.

Cool. I'm comin to your house. I'll bring the bike and we can run and gun lol

Bring it!

I'm gonna score more 5.56 from Joe @ Hero when that shipment arrives. Not sure if I'm going to get much more .40S&W (just over 2k of those rounds are Speer Gold Dots). If I can find a remotely decent deal on a clean FAL I'll start stockpiling the 7.62x51...