Ammo Stockpiling

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to keep as much as I can. I end up shooting it before it "stockpiles" though. Practically speaking I keep at least what I could carry if there were a disaster of some sort. I'm thinking if the SHTF having 2k rounds of 9mm isn't going to do me a whole lotta good if I can't carry it and my kids aren't quite big enough to be pack mules yet!:tinfoil:

500 of .40

Starting to buy .223/5.56, box here, box there, then hopefully soon I will have boxes everywhere.

.22 going to start buying some of that too, my son....he likes the .22

Stockpiling..not really, the 500 of .40 is range ammo, and it is cheaper to buy it by the 500 count box.

Once I get my storage building converted back to a shop, yes it is a shop full of our crap that we need to sell at a garage sale, I will start reloading.

Guest jackdog

Pretty well stocked on 30.06 .40 and 9MM 15 boxes 12 gauge number 2's 200rounds of 00 buck.Surely not enough ammo to go to war with, but hey if the shtf I will either be dead or have picked up a bunch of weapons and ammo from those who failed.

Hard to stockpile premium hollow point ammo...but what about WWB and UMC? I usually buy two boxes of fmj and one box of hollow points every weekend. Has anyone seen or heard about expansion in the cheaper stuff?

Hard to stockpile premium hollow point ammo...but what about WWB and UMC? I usually buy two boxes of fmj and one box of hollow points every weekend. Has anyone seen or heard about expansion in the cheaper stuff?

If it ever gets to where you actually NEED those 5,000+ rounds you've ratholed, FMJ target ammo will suffice, as you'll be needing to make LOTS of holes on multiple targets in widespread SHTF situation as compared to a few well placed ones on a single assailant in the present more civilized context.

Or if ammo becomes "legal tender", FMJ will spend fine.

At least that's how I look at a couple of reasons for "stockpiling" ammo.

:rofl: or not, dunno ...

- OS

If it ever gets to where you actually NEED those 5,000+ rounds you've ratholed, FMJ target ammo will suffice, as you'll be needing to make LOTS of holes on multiple targets in widespread SHTF situation as compared to a few well placed ones on a single assailant in the present more civilized context.

Or if ammo becomes "legal tender", FMJ will spend fine.

At least that's how I look at a couple of reasons for "stockpiling" ammo.

:up: or not, dunno ...

- OS

Just remember - it's probably never going to be cheaper than it is right now...

I'm getting there- of course, I am buying a stockpile for 4 people- myself, wife, son, and daughter. 9mm, 7.62x39, .223. .22LR, 12ga. and a smidge of .38.

I'm adoptable....40 and 5.56 please....:P

Guest nraforlife

Why would anyone need to stockpile ammo? Can't we all learn to get along? That said, the local FD will sure be some PO'ed if my house was to catch fire. Would sound like East Knoxville on a Saturday night.

Why would anyone need to stockpile ammo? Can't we all learn to get along? That said, the local FD will sure be some PO'ed if my house was to catch fire. Would sound like East Knoxville on a Saturday night.

Don't ask, Don't tell! If my place in West Knoxville went up I'd be there "Directing" the firemen! - Don't go in there!